WIP Angron

yakkum2006

Hi all,

finally built up the courage to try and do this guy justice! Hes definitely a WIP but any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated :lol:

gallery_53102_7809_452099.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_1339509.jpg

thanks for taking the time to look and or comment - more photos as and when ;)

Sweet Angron that is cool especially the face. Makes me proud to be a bloodthirsty killer. *wipes a tear*

I like the red on the top of his head...is that suppose to be blood caused by his implant?

May I join you shedding a tear My Brother

Nice work but how did you do your gold?

Sweet Angron that is cool especially the face. Makes me proud to be a bloodthirsty killer. *wipes a tear*

I like the red on the top of his head...is that suppose to be blood caused by his implant?

Red may be a tattoo? He was a gladiator says the FW fluff. Maybe it's like a prison tat or tribal marking.

Thanks for all the comments, will keep you all posted as work continues

@ cloudrunner - will get that photod for you tomorrow and will post

@AJB2K - basecoat of dark flesh (watered down) then watered down shining gold, wash with devlan mud - thats it for now but still got some work to do

@ Kael24 - The fluff pics show the red which i think DerekLee688 is right with, gladiator tattoo's

thanks again :rolleyes:

As for the face; yeah, it really is nice - soft blending, fury-reddened skin. Which is nice. I'd recommend, however, to give the man some balls! Eye-balls! :D

Not sold on the armour, though. You might want to give it a wash with Leviathan Purple, which, after drying, creates an incredibly beautiful matte look. After which I recommend highlighting it with 50/50 burnished gold/mithril silver.

But as you mentioned this was still WiP, I don't want to advise too much.

Also, it's your miniature, so (in Jarhead's words: ) keep on happy painting :)

Hi all,

heres the progress to date - have finished the armour so next up is the red leather around the shoulder guards etc...

gallery_53102_7809_1850508.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_1244823.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_1438354.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_573888.jpg

I have included the Blood angels for a size comparison as promised ;)

thanks again for comments to date and will get mpre pics as i keep trying to get him updated :)

Looking good, and cheers for the pics. Can really get a feel for the enormity of a primarch now and its great scale ref for conversions and stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the base.

Might I suggest a coat of matt varnish to take the edge off of the shininess on the armour

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

been a while since a post and if im honest i have been distracted as i played a game with Angron and felt he needed an army to go with:

gallery_53102_7809_450819.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_20317.jpg

gallery_53102_7809_450643.jpg

I have done a little work on Angron but need to refocus :lol:

any comments on the World Eaters scheme appreciated :) thanks all

• 2 weeks later...
I like the face. You also have the honour of having the first non-studio Angron with paint on it I've seen!

Not sure what is meant by 'non-studio' but if you mean what I think you do then you should be aware that this is from Forgeworld's Horus Heresy line. You can see some good pics of it here:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/forge-world?before=1349806893

I like the face. You also have the honour of having the first non-studio Angron with paint on it I've seen!

Not sure what is meant by 'non-studio' but if you mean what I think you do then you should be aware that this is from Forgeworld's Horus Heresy line. You can see some good pics of it here:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/forge-world?before=1349806893

Allow me to clarify. He means that this is the first painted Angron he's seen, other than the official Forge World one. We're all aware that this is a Forge World figure, but this is the first non-studio paint-job he's seen on a Forge World Angron model.

The model is looking ace, but you might want to paint the fur on his cape a different color, as the red tones are overpowering most of the model as it stands now, and the fur is just dark enough to get lost in amidst the red and bronze.

Archived