Psychic Disciplines or Psychic Powers

Emperor's Fury

I have a question that I haven't been able to get a straight answer to, I want to use 1 Psychic Discipline and 1 6E Psychic power for my Epistolary Librarian. Can I choose one of each or do I have to go with 2 Disciplines or 2 Psychic Powers?

The answer is no, you can't use one psychic power from your Codex and one from the BGB powers. You pick to use either all your Codex powers or all your BGB powers. I'd double check your relevant FAQ, it's quite clearly outlined there. Similarly, a search on this forum should have yielded an answer to your question.

The answer is no, you can't use one psychic power from your Codex and one from the BGB powers. You pick to use either all your Codex powers or all your BGB powers. I'd double check your relevant FAQ, it's quite clearly outlined there. Similarly, a search on this forum should have yielded an answer to your question.

The new C:CSM spicifically says different. Any marked psyker must take one but no more than 1/2 of your powers from the codex. Unmarked sorcerers may choose not to take a codex power but if they do they are also limited to 1/2 from the codex. It will be very rare for any level 2 or above chaos psyker to not have powers from both the codex and the rulebook.

[ETA]

Wait ... that sounds like I am countering DarkGuard. I don't intend to.

The rule book says something like "if your codex say you must take a power, do that; if not, do these." And the new CSM is a good example of the codex saying what you "must take."

The new C:CSM powers are random and are thus similar to the BGB psychic disciplines, and can be mixed with them.

The original codex powers cannot.

Either you are rolling for all your powers at random, or you are picking all your powers.

so...what everyone else said.

Archived