Another stab at it

snorkle

Hey Brothers

This past week I found my old marines at my parent's house and decided to liberate them, fix em up a little, and hopefully have a fully painted army by Christmas.

This is my first time painting in at least two years and there have been a few fun (or less fun) surprises. For starters I had to buy all new tools, gs, spray paint, and then when I started painting I realized my paints were getting a little dry so I've had a fun morning adding water to a few of them.

In any case let's get to the fun part ;) The Marines! So far I'm not sure as to what chapter/legion/warband they are going to belong, but maybe you guys will have some suggestions :) Right now I'm split between Alpha Legion PreHeresy, Sons of Horus PreHeresy, or my DIY Raven Guard successors "The Shadow Guard". If you think they look like another chapter I failed to mention, let me know! I'm totally open to any possibilities as right now I'm just looking for the fluff to match my scheme :)

So far I've basecoated the three you see hear and sprayed a fourth as well as the commander, who I will probably wait to paint until i have a little more practice.

med_gallery_31256_5305_128700.jpg

med_gallery_31256_5305_137636.jpg

med_gallery_31256_5305_194170.jpg

I know they're not Preheresy in the strictest sense of the word. But I feel their lack of aquillas and the use of the chaos legs minus spikes give them a different feel than the out of the box tacticals. What do you guys think? :)

Archived