Deathwing and relentless

AngelVeto

I was just browsing through several different tactics pages and talking with other gamers at my local store trying to buff up my knowledge as I now have a solid solo win under my belt my other friends will be wanting to play me even more.

Over the course of my searching a and talkings (I don't rmemeber which actually gave this info) I heard that models in TDA are relentless, which would have changed the outcome of a few of my games, but after looking through the pocket rule book I couldn't find any entry that states this to be true, so, venerable brothers of the rock, lend me your auto-quills and your data-servitors and tell me, are these the words of true followers of the Emperor or do they fall from the lips of xenos and heretics?

I was just browsing through several different tactics pages and talking with other gamers at my local store trying to buff up my knowledge as I now have a solid solo win under my belt my other friends will be wanting to play me even more.

Over the course of my searching a and talkings (I don't rmemeber which actually gave this info) I heard that models in TDA are relentless, which would have changed the outcome of a few of my games, but after looking through the pocket rule book I couldn't find any entry that states this to be true, so, venerable brothers of the rock, lend me your auto-quills and your data-servitors and tell me, are these the words of true followers of the Emperor or do they fall from the lips of xenos and heretics?

Page 53 under Terminator Armor, second paragraph.

Models with TDA are Relentless. The problem you are finding is that in the DA codex it doesn't use the term relentless in our listing for TDA. It says the same thing but is not labeled "relentless" likie it is in the BGB.

I just checked the Dark Angels FAQ to see if the relentless rule had been added, but surprisingly it's still missing. Just carefully explain to your opponent that the rule isn't written into the codex but is instead written out entirely, and they should understand.

Here's the FAQ in case anyone needs it: Dark Angels FAQ

The way it works in the codex is different from how relentless works in the main rulebook. The main difference is that the DA rule lets us move, fire, and assault with a heavy weapon but we can not do it with rapid fire weapons. This will only ever come up if you've given your librarian or chaplain in terminator armour a combi-weapon.

It's a very subtle difference but it is a difference.

Droma makes a very good point. In reality the difference between the two is nearly always forgotten in the heat of the moment - but strictly one should adhere to it. One to change in the new Codex.

Cheers

I

The way it works in the codex is different from how relentless works in the main rulebook. The main difference is that the DA rule lets us move, fire, and assault with a heavy weapon but we can not do it with rapid fire weapons. This will only ever come up if you've given your librarian or chaplain in terminator armour a combi-weapon.

Incorrect.

As per the codex (page 53, paragraph 2): "Due to the powerful exoskeleton and power sources built into their armour, models in Terminator Armour are capable of moving and firing with heavy weapons and may assault after firing rapid fire and heavy weapons."

So, yes, they can assault after rapid firing.

Hmmm... must've been thinking of an older version (?). Could've sworn... oh well never mind :)

Thanks for the tidy up twopounder.

No problem. As a fun fact, terminators have always been able to assault after using a rapid fire weapon. In 3rd ed, you could fired once at 12" and then assault. In 4th they created relentless so they could continue to do so.

Incorrect.

As per the codex (page 53, paragraph 2): "Due to the powerful exoskeleton and power sources built into their armour, models in Terminator Armour are capable of moving and firing with heavy weapons and may assault after firing rapid fire and heavy weapons."

So, yes, they can assault after rapid firing.

Looking again you are correct. The way it is written in the codex is exactly the same as the 6th edition version of Relentless. It is different than the 5th ed version in an even more subtle way though which is where I made my mistake. So Please ignore my earlier post. DA terminator models are for all intents and purposes Relentless in this edition of the game.

Archived