My Pre Excommunicate Traitoris Soul Drinkers

So my first post will be light, but a very important one as i have finally made the plunge into green stuff! This is quite a bug deal for me as i begin my own conversions.

So first up is an minor conversion but baby steps are the way to go!

gallery_63665_7160_659982.jpg

C&C Welcome as always.

Not bad for your first attempt, certainly better than mine. Keep practicing and get some colour shapers sculpting tools, they work great on green stuff. You could also get some Blood Angel bits for your marines. They have quite a few chalices sculpted on their armor and war gear.

ok so here is an update shot, banner man and the beginnings of the apothecary, oh and the finished Company Champion

gallery_63665_7160_1594815.jpg

gallery_63665_7160_270283.jpg

gallery_63665_7160_579939.jpg

i think i have enough bits to make enough marines for this to be either a command squad or honor guard! hence the generic soul drinker banner

I'll be following as I'm a huge fan of the Soul Drinkers. With GS, the secret to a smooth finish is a little bit of patience, and to work in layers. For example on the standard, once you have the basic shape down, let it sit for 20-30mins, this will allow the GS to adhere to thw standard, but still be soft enough for you to rub it smooth. Then once then GS is set, start your second layer, in the case of the standard, this would be the lip on the cup. The best tools for this are clay shapers, Lamenter over at www.masteroftheforge.com has a list of the ones he uses

Cheers,

Jono

Archived