Question about Path to Redemption

Politix

I am currently deployed and should be returning home prior to the holidays. I was wondering how long the challenge is open, and if there is a specific time when initial vows must be made. I have several boxes worth of models to assemble/paint when I get home and would like to get involved with the Unforgiven specific vows.

also on a side note: anyone work with an airbrush for their DA's? I am looking into investing in one and would appreciate any second hand knowledge and experiences (paint products, mixes, brands etc)

Thanks in advance

Politix

For vows you can make a vow anytime during the month and said vow must be completed by the end of the last day of that same month (you may also make multiple vows per month if your up to it). You vows need to be C:DA legal units, and the PtR is running until the end of Feb '13.

Cheers,

Jono

Greens are really nice to work with in an airbrush because there a lot of shades to work with and its easy on the eyes. I haven't used the new paints in my airbrush, but Vallejo makes a "model air" line that's specifically designed for airbrushes that I find works really well. If you check my gallery the most recent terminators I did were with an airbrush and I'll never go back to painting bone by hand. I've yet to try black but I'm sure it'll work fine too.

For me airbrushing is about 60-70% fixing problems with the brish while wildly cursing and 30% OMG THIS IS SO AWESOMELY EASY. You really do get good results despite the problems you'll have.

Thanks for the info. Guess I will wait til I get back to start the vow.

grotsmasha has got the gist of it.... the whole event goes for 6 months from September to February , and you earn a single white pearl for each month if you complete a vow.... late comers do have means of earning previous months white pearls by undertaking specific tasks...all kept a mystery until the right time.. :P

SG

Thanks for the info. Guess I will wait til I get back to start the vow.

grotsmasha has got the gist of it.... the whole event goes for 6 months from September to February , and you earn a single white pearl for each month if you complete a vow.... late comers do have means of earning previous months white pearls by undertaking specific tasks...all kept a mystery until the right time.. :D

SG

Hmmmm....that's interesting. I'll be moving to a new continent in December/January. I can bust out a pearl at the beginning of December, but January is probably a bridge too far...so if offered a way to make that one up in February, I just might accept, rather than having "only" 5/6 pearls.

Archived