Litany of hate

Finn

Hi all,

I'm really, really tired tonight, so sorry for not writing anything more elaborate, Brothers! I just want to show a picture of my WIP Chaplain.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/czapla-1.jpg

I will appreciate your opinions. And maybe some advice on the book - what colour it should be? I say red.

Cheers,

Finn

Wow that Chaplain looks scary --- exactly as Chaplains should be in my book, invoking fear :) (that is as being good-old fashioned frightened of him, not the not falling back USR version). Red book, but very dark red, with gold motif maybe. Brilliant job.

Cheers

I

Finn, very nice work on the colors on the chaplain, I agree with the Blanche-esque comment. It really evokes the grim-darkness of the setting. Also, very nice (and braver than I) green stuff work on the mini!

I'll echo the comments for a really dark red or green on the book with some silver or gold trim. I'd also possibly add some mud splatter to the hanging banner from his belt, that definitely looks like it might drag some when he walks.

Should be very cool when he's finished!

The Chaplain has a name now. His name is Sheol.

Thank you Brothers for such kind words. What actually indulged me most was when you said my chappy looks blanchian :) I am a true Dark Angel at my heart, but the official paint scheme was always too clean for me and I tried to achieve a grim and dirty effect on this one. I'm happy to see that I succeeded :)

The colours on the mini are not that desaturated in real life and the contrast between different layers is more stark. I have to find a way to take picture that will give Sheol justice. What you are all saying only confirms that the book should be red and thank you for that :)

Cheers,

Brother Finn

Archived