Imperial Fists 8th Co. WIPs

Greetings Brothers!

This is my WIP page for my 8th Company Bikers for my Imperial Fists Expansion Challenge II vow.

First up is my Captain. He's been built without his helm on, but it is secured to his bike fender. He's also got a meltabomb back there. I magnetized his right arm to take three different weapon choices: CCW (a twin ball morning star, very nice), Power Axe, and Relic Blade. I thought about a back banner, but an air brake flapping above your head would make his bike very hard to control. Most of my characters have one, but I think it works better "stowed" inside his power pack. He still needs a GS cape or cape-lette thing. All my captains have a cape. He wouldn't be very Captain-y if he didn't have one. I'm kinda thinking that a small one flowing under his power pack should work, but it might hide the helm and meltabomb. Do you guys think that perhaps a small single shoulder type cape would work better? Kinda flowing off his left shoulder and slightly down? Help here would be great!

gallery_34314_7815_3170479.jpg

Next is my Chaplain. Imperial Fists aren't shown very often with a robe on over thier armor (ok, I've never seen one) but I just couldn't resist. He just looks so broody with that hood pulled low over his brow. You just know he's gonna smack some cultist with his crozius (my own build, of course). I do kinda think that the shaft maybe a bit too long, but I'm gonna keep it until it breaks off. -_-

gallery_34314_7815_3860394.jpg

The next dude is the Biker Sgt. He's also got magnetized arms and a meltabomb. He's armed with the same CCW as the captain, a power sword, or a power fist. I used one of the cooler helms that came with the ravenwing box set and shaved off the iconography.

gallery_34314_7815_2382284.jpg

The next two guys are just filler for the squad.

gallery_34314_7815_3316424.jpg

The last two bikers aren't quite done yet. They have their arms but have yet to have them magnetized. These are my special weapons dudes. They can sport the three options available: Flamer, Plasmagun, and Meltagun. However, the guy who is supposed to hold the plasmagun in his left hand is going to need some more work. The gun is too freaking huge to sit across his lap while he's driving, so I'm going to have to cut the wrist and possibly the upper arm to shift it to the outside and balance on his thigh. He doesn't need to aim the thing, just show that he's got it. Maybe he's using the twin bolters instead.

gallery_34314_7815_2383026.jpg

And finallly a group shot.

gallery_34314_7815_5060179.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Soooo, am I gonna see you at the next Magnetizers Anonymous? Seriously though, those are some awesome poses. I find it hard to bring bikers to life, but you did a really good job with it. I was only kidding, but really I'm also magnetizing every option in any army I do XD.

I really like these bikers. Awesome posing and some original ideas. Can't wait to see them finished. Good work.

What did you decide about the cape for the Captain? Shame he's going to miss out on a banner...

Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately, we finally had some rain after nearly 4 months this weekend and I was unable to go outside for the spray undercoats. However, I did get some work done on the models that needed it. I modified the Captain's left shoulder pad with an added armor neck shield and a small shield to put the Chapter Badge on. I used that badge to pin down his cape-lette. I've got it flowing out behind him, but its not quite dry yet so no pics. I think it will look epic when its painted. I'll get a pic up for it as soon as the green stuff dries and sets. The two special weapon troopers got thier magnets and are ready for thier undercoats.

I also got some fluff together since I had some spare time with the rain.

Gregor Heldane, Captain of the 8th Reserve Assault Company, Blademaster of the Imperial Fists.

Heldane is the newest captain in the ranks of the Imperial Fists. He has been leading the 8th Company for only 5 years terran standard. However, he isn't new to the lightning war style of the Assault Company. Gregor hails from the ice hives of Inwit. Selected as a scout candidate, he quickly rose through the ranks favoring the close combat style as opposed to ranged combat. He was introduced to Rhetoricus' Book of Five Spheres and took to it immediately. Upon his elevation to full battle brother, he moved into the 8th Company. 42 years later, he was promoted to squad sergeant as he was the last man alive in his squad after being ambushed by Eldar Banshees. He managed to finish off the xenos but it was too little to late. After leading his new squad for two decades and seeing many brothers killed and promoted to the Battle Companies he was himself promoted into the veteran company vanguard squads. His service in the 1st company was exemplary. He was soon promoted to sergeant and led many assaults against the most hardened enemies. Once in the 1st Company, he was actually allowed to to touch the original copy of The Book of Five Spheres. He began to hand copy his own from the original when war would allow. His execptional dueling skills gained him much renown throughout the Chapter. He was chosen as the Chapter Champion for the duration of the Feast of Blades. He managed to tie for first place along side the Crimson Fists Champion. 60 years of service in the 1st Company allowed him an opportunity to lead more than a single squad. When the Captain of the 8th was killed by Khornate Berserkers on Cadia, he was called upon to take the mantle of the 8th.

As a Dark Angels player and fan of bikes overall, these look great. The mace weapons look great, are they from a fantasy army? I would soil myself if I saw this unit heading my way. ;)

I have a quick tip with the special weapons guys. If you have extra bolt pistol or plasma pistol arms lying around, you can cut the top of the weapon off and glue the weapon on there. Using a little bit of liquid green stuff to fill in the gaps, it should stabilize and hold up after priming.

gallery_53412_5976_552241.jpg

This isn't the best picture to show what I'm talking about, but for the biker in the middle with the meltagun I used a left handed plasma pistol, and cut the top of the gun off. This guy has been around for a year and I've never had the gun fall off. Good luck with your vow. ;)

@ Brother Kovash,

Thanks much! The flails on both the sergeant and captain were bought from battlewagon bits. I think they are from a chaos kit in the fantasy range. The codex called for CCW's and I wanted something different than your regular old chain blades. As far as the special weapons guys go, using pistol arms is what I did except for the one left armed plasmagun. Ran out of pistol arms on the left, so I used a bolter cradleing arm, cut the wrist and upper arm to rotate it out away from the body and hold the gun more vertically. I'll see if I can't get a pic up of what it looks like now.

No problem Brother, always glad to give credit for good work where it's due. The CCW weapons are indeed something that gives your unit just a little more to stand out on the battlefield. I was disappointed that the Ravenwing box didn't come with any special weapon options other than a power sword for the sergeant, but that's what conversions are for. Looking forward to see if you make a command squad for your Captain.

Archived