Plague Zombies numbers

Wildcard101

No zombie champions. See the +OR+ thread.

Are you sure????

It doesn't say it replaces the Cultist champion it justs says any cultist unit can be nominated as Plague Zombies, Plague Zombies are Cultists that have fearless, feel no pain and slow and purposeful, as such since since the champion is already part of the unit and not an option in theory he should become a plague zombie as well keeping the same rules he already has including Champion of chaos basically being a Zombie champion.

Of course that is my opinion as I really like Zombie champions as I reckon they will be funny ;) :D :lol:

Hopefully GW hurry up and release a Faq for all this confusing stuff that need to be sorted out as I want an entire horde of Plague Zombies to overwhelm my enemy.gallery_59703_7778_2646.gifgallery_59703_7778_2646.gif

Are you sure????

It doesn't say it replaces the Cultist champion it justs says any cultist unit can be nominated as Plague Zombies, Plague Zombies are Cultists that have fearless, feel no pain and slow and purposeful, as such since since the champion is already part of the unit and not an option in theory he should become a plague zombie as well keeping the same rules he already has including Champion of chaos basically being a Zombie champion.

Of course that is my opinion as I really like Zombie champions as I reckon they will be funny :P :D :lol:

Hopefully GW hurry up and release a Faq for all this confusing stuff that need to be sorted out as I want an entire horde of Plague Zombies to overwhelm my enemy.

It's pretty badly worded, but I'm rather sure the intent is that you replace the cultist units with 10-35 (The number is debatable. As written, it looks like 10, but I would expect them to clarify that you can still purchase more.) zombies who have none of the cultist options available to them for purchase and use the basic cultist stat-line, plus the extra abilities (Like FnP) listed on Typhus' page.

Are you sure????

Of course that is my opinion as I really like Zombie champions as I reckon they will be funny :P :D :lol:

Hopefully GW hurry up and release a Faq for all this confusing stuff that need to be sorted out as I want an entire horde of Plague Zombies to overwhelm my enemy.

It's pretty badly worded, but I'm rather sure the intent is that you replace the cultist units with 10-35 (The number is debatable. As written, it looks like 10, but I would expect them to clarify that you can still purchase more.) zombies who have none of the cultist options available to them for purchase and use the basic cultist stat-line, plus the extra abilities (Like FnP) listed on Typhus' page.

This ^ is pretty much what I would expect, although it is quite interesting seeing the arguments that some people are coming out with for being able to purhcase pretty much any of the options provided.

Are you sure????

Of course that is my opinion as I really like Zombie champions as I reckon they will be funny <_< :D :D

This ^ is pretty much what I would expect, although it is quite interesting seeing the arguments that some people are coming out with for being able to purhcase pretty much any of the options provided.

Agreed. I shall note that this is in no way comparable to noise marines where the RAW is very clear in them not being able to take extra weapons and sonics.

In this case, it is however very clear that the wording is imprecise and that the RAI is for zombie spam to be allowed.

If they replaced the word "options" with "Marks of Chaos" I think we would wind up with what was originally intended. This would allow additional cultists and there is already the rule that any guns are used like a single ccw so paying extra for them is pointless anyway.

weirder still if said zombie happens to kill another character, and then looks up to the sky at the light shining down on him, blinks confusedly, then *poof* zombie now has +1 wound, has fleet, and its attacks are poisoned.

Who said that papa Nurgle has no sense of humor :lol:

more to the point zombie suddenly turns into a daemon prince, lol

yeah, that whole things just seems so silly, and then people just try and get all anal about it because they see the unit as threatening :cuss so immediately are like 'no that's just madness to be allowed more than ten ! '

but really, whose to say that you have to purchase the option for them to become zombies BEFORE you add men to them, i mean what happens if you already have a 35 strong unit, and THEN you take typhus in your list ;).

but really, whose to say that you have to purchase the option for them to become zombies BEFORE you add men to them, i mean what happens if you already have a 35 strong unit, and THEN you take typhus in your list :).

What would be the point of having the "cannot choose options" line in the codex then?

That's the whole problem.

You can't make them Zombies until after they're purchased (options and all) as part of the army list, but you can't give them options if they're Zombies.

Both happen before each other, exploding the game.

It's not:

1. Make Zombies

2. Purchase unit

It's:

1. Purchase unit

2. Make Zombies

The line that they cannot purchase options is categorically a failure because you have to have already purchased the options and put them in the army before you could possibly make them Zombies.

That's the whole problem.

You can't make them Zombies until after they're purchased (options and all) as part of the army list, but you can't give them options if they're Zombies.

Both happen before each other, exploding the game.

It's not:

1. Make Zombies

2. Purchase unit

It's:

1. Purchase unit

2. Make Zombies

The line that they cannot purchase options is categorically a failure because you have to have already purchased the options and put them in the army before you could possibly make them Zombies.

As this isn't the OR forum I'm just going to call that a load of old nonsense and exercise some common sense.

1. Buy Cultists (with no upgrades)

2. Nominate as Zombies

What's so hard? The only issue I can see is that you're limited to 10 Zombies under that method but it seems clear from Phil Kelly's comments at GDUK that this is unintended and will therefore be FAQd. If anyone wanted to play against me with a unit of 35 plague zombies with no upgrades I would be perfectly happy to play them. If someone wanted to play against me with a unit of 35 plague zombies with all the trimmings I would suggest they alter their list or find another opponent.

I'm simply showing why the rule doesn't work.

When you build the Cultists unit, they are not Zombies and do not have any limitations. When complete and purchased they become Zombies that cannot purchase options. That's pointless to say because they already have purchased their options (or not) prior to becoming Zombies. Once more, the thing needs to be re-written so that it actually works as intended.

As for me, I think they should be able to take the mark of nurgle; in their original form, that's how they were. Nurgle-marked mutants that got even better.

When you build the Cultists unit, they are not Zombies and do not have any limitations. When complete and purchased they become Zombies that cannot purchase options. That's pointless to say because they already have purchased their options (or not) prior to becoming Zombies. Once more, the thing needs to be re-written so that it actually works as intended.

As for me, I think they should be able to take the mark of nurgle; in their original form, that's how they were. Nurgle-marked mutants that got even better.

Agree. Seems to me the whole 'zombies can't purchase options' thing was intended to prevent the unit from re-purchasing what you lost when they became zombies, or from making them able to be a 35+ unit, or stack marks (like taking the MoK + MoN) etc.

Agree. Seems to me the whole 'zombies can't purchase options' thing was intended to prevent the unit from re-purchasing what you lost when they became zombies

Why on earth would you think that? Why would they bother writing that? It seems pretty clear that it's supposed to do exactly what it says on the tin and prevent them from having any upgrades. They are zombies after all. Not exactly renowned for their use of modern technology! Only thing I think they missed is the ability to expand the number of zombies.

Agree. Seems to me the whole 'zombies can't purchase options' thing was intended to prevent the unit from re-purchasing what you lost when they became zombies

Why on earth would you think that? Why would they bother writing that? It seems pretty clear that it's supposed to do exactly what it says on the tin and prevent them from having any upgrades. They are zombies after all. Not exactly renowned for their use of modern technology! Only thing I think they missed is the ability to expand the number of zombies.

So waac players wouldn't abuse the rules, that's why. I'm speaking from a player perspective (or more accurately a devs perspective?), not a drooling idiot perspective (and by that I'm referring to the zombies, of course).

Are people seriously trying to say that you can upgrade zombies to have heavy weapons and marks? ;)

Yeah heres my new unit of zombies with the mark of slaanesh and a heavy stubber with a champion zombie........ ;)

Are people seriously trying to say that you can upgrade zombies to have heavy weapons and marks? :D

Yeah heres my new unit of zombies with the mark of slaanesh and a heavy stubber with a champion zombie........ :)

Oh, come on Fullbrook, you know we all want sexy, shooty zombies in our armies. :P

'Plague Zombies are Chaos Cultists that have the Fearless, Feel No Pain and Slow and Purposeful special rules, and cannot purchase options.'

It seems pretty clear that this line talks about the individual formerly-cultists-now-zombies, vice a squad of said members. As such, adding a new formerly-cutist-now-zombie to the unit isn't purchsing an option for the previously existing model. It adds no options to the existing model, nor bonus, nor penalty. it adds a new model, which may not purchase options in and of itself.

At least, that' smy current line of reasoning given the horrible wording of this rule. It allows for max sized zombie hordes with no marks, upgrades, or icons.

I don't have a big enough face or palm to adequately express the sheer amount of facepalm in this thread.

It would seem relatively straightforward with GW erring in the respect that they are assuming the average player to be of reasonable intelligence and having the mental tools to deduce what was actually intended.

It would seem logical that they did not mean you can only take a unit of 10 zombies.

No, zombie number 11 that's my pork pie! That's a bad zombie!

I don't have a big enough face or palm to adequately express the sheer amount of facepalm in this thread.

It would seem relatively straightforward with GW erring in the respect that they are assuming the average player to be of reasonable intelligence and having the mental tools to deduce what was actually intended.

It would seem logical that they did not mean you can only take a unit of 10 zombies.

No, zombie number 11 that's my pork pie! That's a bad zombie!

What is this 'logic' thing that you speak of? ^_^

Archived