Combining Nurgle bikers with Khorne lord

John_f

In the dark corners of my mind something stirred. Imagin a fairly large unit of CSM bikers with mark of Nurgle and a couple of plasma. Put a Lord on bike in there with MoK and Axe of Blind fury. You now have a relatively cheap unit with movement 12", not slowed down by dangerous/difficult, T6, fearless, jink, relentless, countercharge (i'm sure I'm forgetting something). On the charge the lord will have 3 + 1 +2 +D6 attacks AP2 on I5 WS5, and he is only like 140p. So it's not cheap but for a deathstar it is cheap. Just from the top om my head I'm getting 26 * 10 = 260 plus the lord is 400. And if need be, you can break off the lord from the unit and get a reliable multicharge.

What do you think? Any onvious drawbacks? Something like a character with a certain mark can not join units of another mark?

cant do it, cant have ixed marks like that, mark of burgle can only be joined by mark of nurgle or no mark

Dammit, I knew it was to good to be true. Hmm, so you could go cheap with no mark on the bikers. Or you skip the axe and the mark on the lord. Perhaps take the black mace.

Could take Nurgle-Khorne ally waves. 5 or so Nurgle bikers move in the front (or 4 with sorcerer?), shielding fire with their T6, with a squad of 3 Khorne Bikers with Khorne Lord+Axe behind, both moving in wedge formation. Might work...

Yeah, i thought if that too but they would simply shoot the khorne lord since nothing would have a better cover save then 5+. it would be very hard indeed to block LoS completely.

Could take Nurgle-Khorne ally waves. 5 or so Nurgle bikers move in the front (or 4 with sorcerer?), shielding fire with their T6, with a squad of 3 Khorne Bikers with Khorne Lord+Axe behind, both moving in wedge formation. Might work...

http://i.qkme.me/35mw73.jpg

Archived