Hellbrute of the Pyre

Attomsk

Huzzah to some orange Chaos Marines! Looking really nice Attomsk! The green and purple really sticks out against the bright orange. I would suggest adding a bit of depth in places though maybe with a thinned down wash of black, such as the smoke stacks on the back. You got any more of the Pyre to show off?

Cambrius

Crikey, you're not wrong about him being orange! Good choice in making the trim black. They always go together well. The flesh tone is interesting, too, in a good way. The wash on it makes it look somewhat 'unwell' in a non-pallid way. :devil:

Huzzah to some orange Chaos Marines! Looking really nice Attomsk! The green and purple really sticks out against the bright orange. I would suggest adding a bit of depth in places though maybe with a thinned down wash of black, such as the smoke stacks on the back. You got any more of the Pyre to show off?

Cambrius

You are right I forgot to shade the smoke stacks! I do have about 1500 points of pyre if you want to see it I can post more

Wow, that orange and black combo is brilliant. Really different from most Chaos paint schemes and I bet it's quite a head turner.

Just noticed the flamer conversion on the first, good idea!

I do have about 1500 points of pyre if you want to see it I can post more

I think we would all love to see some more. :P

Mike.

Here are some more pics of my army:

http://i.imgur.com/CTDXz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mhGGR.jpg

I can do the orange two ways. First way:

Prime gray, base coat with solar orange (orange foundation paint), layer on blazing orange until it is bright and not splotchy (takes a while), then highlight with fiery orange.

This is a new way I am trying (hellbrute was the first model I tried this on):

Prime orange (with art spray paint like montana gold). Paint blazing orange over top (this takes no time with orange undercoat), wash with 50/50 baal red wash and water. Highlight/drybrush with blazing orange again, and then fiery orange.

That orange really works on those Tanks and the Defiler. Nothing like 3 orange tanks of doom trying to blow you to bits! :D

The marines are looking good though i'm not so sure about the Aquila's on the M.Launcher and Sergeant but i'm unfamiliar with the Pyre's fluff so i'll levae it down to you. ;)

Mike.

The marines are looking good though i'm not so sure about the Aquila's on the M.Launcher and Sergeant but i'm unfamiliar with the Pyre's fluff so i'll leave it down to you. ;)

Mike.

If you look carefully, the Aquilas are despoiled. Maybe an extra light wash of black will help that stand out as it'll pool into the cuts on the Aquila?

Thanks for the recipes Attomsk! The army looks astonishing! A shame GW no longer make those colours any more. Right now I'm using the Jokaero Orange basecoat and then Troll Slayer Orange for my Oblivion Warriors.

Great work and I hope we'll see more! :rolleyes:

Cambrius

If you look carefully, the Aquilas are despoiled. Maybe an extra light wash of black will help that stand out as it'll pool into the cuts on the Aquila

I did miss them initally but having had a second look I can definitely see the multiple cuts through the Sgt.s aquila. ;)

You could do another wash but i'm not sure if its necessary as it's likely my fault for missing the cuts in the first place. :rolleyes:

Mike.

Yeah I did try to show that the Aquila's were slashed up and scratched on some of the minis as if they were recent heretics. As for blazing orange being gone... it is sucky since my whole army uses it as the base color. I found 3 new bottles of blazing orange at a hobby shop and those are going to have to last me until I finish this army... hopefully it will get through 1000 ish points of stuff from the new codex! I'll have to check out that Jokaero Orange you mentioned... I didn't notice it existed until now. Thanks for the heads up!

Tango!

Very daring indeed. I'm surprised how well it works for the army. I think brass would work better than regular silver for the piping on the 'brute, but its still cool. ;)

Hope you got the juice to keep going :P

That seems so obvious now that you mention it.... Brass pipes! Thanks. I will keep posting my stuff as I paint it

Yeah I did try to show that the Aquila's were slashed up and scratched on some of the minis as if they were recent heretics. As for blazing orange being gone... it is sucky since my whole army uses it as the base color. I found 3 new bottles of blazing orange at a hobby shop and those are going to have to last me until I finish this army... hopefully it will get through 1000 ish points of stuff from the new codex! I'll have to check out that Jokaero Orange you mentioned... I didn't notice it existed until now. Thanks for the heads up!

Vallejo Model Colors and Coat D'Arms both have colors that match Blazing Orange.

Vallejo Model Colors and Coat D'Arms both have colors that match Blazing Orange.

Really? Thanks!

Archived