The Solitary Hunt...

Razblood

The base does need some tidying up :P

I'm just not sure whether to do Templars or DA tbh need to knock up a Templar test scheme and then decide, but I am seeking opinions as to whether the scheme looks good enough.

Cheers for the comment though ;)

I'm just not sure whether to do Templars or DA tbh need to knock up a Templar test scheme and then decide, but I am seeking opinions as to whether the scheme looks good enough.

Templars get really boring to paint, really fast IMHO. With Deathwing, Ravenwing and all the robes, Dark Angels offer a lot of variety to keep one challenged and interested, plus you get a MASSIVE head start with the Dark Vengeance box (and even more if you trade someone Chaos for DA!)

My only critique on your model might be a little bit of water added to your paints and a matte varnish. He looks very shiny right now, but that could be the flash. :) A nice start - I say go Jonson!

The armour does have a very slight gloss to it due to the Green I had to improv in lieu of DA/Caliban Green,but it is heavily accentuated by the flash and I thin my paints quite a lot, just I sometimes work in too many layers (the Green ended up being about 8-9 layers of paint and ink combined in order to look right :tu: ).

Once I get hold of Dark Vengeance I'll make my final choice, but your advice has been taken onboard and I am leaning more towards a small DA force ^_^ although I do have a quick and dirty scheme for Black....so I may make them Pre-Heresy/Heresy era if I can't find a quicker way of doing the Green that I like.

Cheers for the comments guys ;)

Archived