Conversion possibilities for night lords

Hellrender

Not i was wondering to use various other kits to build my night lords, but i was wondering if it would actually work together in the end, since not every model would end up with the same.

So the idea:

Using WFB Chaos Warrior legs, on about half, with the other half having normal W40k CSM legs. Some of them will get Chaos Warrior helmets, some will get CSM helmets. Also i was wondering if there is a use for for example Skeleton Warriors and/or Vampire Counts Grave Guard?

The big question is, if i use different legs (non space marine ones) on half of them, does it still feel like 1 army? (they are the same painted, incl the lightning) or should then the whole army get the Chaos Warrior legs?

Cheers for the help

The Chaos Warrior legs are a great idea and look really good, but there will be size issues and they'll look a bit weird if you're using them alongside regular CSM legs. The Warrior helmets will look great. Check out the Chaos Knights kit fo extra/more detailed pieces.

The Grave Guard kit looks like it could be really useful and the batwings on the helmets look better than the ones you get in the NL conversion kit. A strung up or crucified skeleton would make an awesome icon for a NL squad.

Personally, and this goes for virtually any army, if you use Chaos Warrior legs, thats all you really can use for your power armoured marines. There's just such a defining theme about those legs that it seems off when compared to regular chaos marine legs. You can potentially, if you want, spilt the army. Say for example, you could make all the regular chaos marine leg warriors Night Lords and then all the marines with fantasy legs Word Bearers. Just an example of course.

yeh, thats what i was afraid of. But since i will have to buy the helmets anyways, might aswell do the legs.. Altough requires a bit more thinking on it :cuss

Does anybody know any good tutorials, for sculpting flayed skin loincloths, or such?

Thanks for the quick replys though :)

For loincloths look to the spare bits from Skaven many have scroll bits on the sprues. Then combine with green stuff. Also an idea for special characters is the spare chirugeon backpacks for CSMs. They have skeletons flayed against the back. Personally on the case of the helms I built two teams of ten marines. I gave one team the shoulders and the other the helms to maximize my investment for spare bits and I still came out with excess helms and shoulders.

Archived