Visual Impact

Polythemus

So I have had a crazy week, but took some time out to work on my first ever land raider. Below are the land raider pics but also how my dark angels which are mainly deathwing, are. progressing.

This is where i started.

gallery_65828_7036_521703.jpg

And this is where ive ended up.

gallery_65828_7036_2811349.jpg

I am in the process of doing another squad of tactical termies right now. But heres the main event. Its obviously not done but this is the work so far.

gallery_65828_7036_1723735.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_3768.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_39790.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_72357.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_3587.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_134438.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_79498.jpg

If there are any suggestions please let me know. I am hoping to finish this thing this weekend.

Liking very much. The green stripe on the LR's front quarter looks excellent. Interior detail bits and bobs very well done -- it's a shame that not a lot of it will ever be seen -- but you'll have the warm glow of satisfaction that it's there and you made the effort to do it really well :P.

Cheers

I

Thanks isiah,

I really appreciate your comments. I considered manetizing the roof of the the raider but thought it may be a bit risky structurally. I was really inspired by the winterdyne deathwing commission so thought that imitation would be the greatest form flattery. The side doors were magentized to be removable and I was considering magnetizing the weapon sposons as well. The winterdyne guy said that he hinged the side doors some how but even with the side panel off i couldnt figure out how to get drill access through where the pin would need to go. I really enjoyed doing the weathering and bullet holes and was thhinking of doing some melta damage on the opposite door. There are so many excellent painters on this forum i felt that i wanted to try and put forth a really good effort so its coming slowly. Again thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

• 5 weeks later...
the recipe is pretty easy. I used a white primer, then used testors campflage grey spray paint on the exterior. All other colors are just gw colors painted on. the targeting lights on the sposons are primed black, undercoat of mechrite red, then blood red layer, then an orange (cant remember the name) on the outside of the lens. thanks for the comments!

Archived