Sinergies in the Chaos Space Marines Codex

Brother Aiwass

I'll want to start a thread focused on the sinergy of units/characters in the new brand Codex: Chaos Space Marines. It's not about deathstar units (which also can be discussed here, as long as they're sinergyzing with other units) but more in the how making some units or the army work better. Forget about unstoppable, game-winning stuff, just nice (read: nasty) combos.

Starting with some SC being Huron the main focus:

Huron+Fabius

Huron gives the 1D3 infiltrating units and Fabius his nice Enhaced Warriors rule (+1S, Fearless). Here the combo can be very strong.

20 infiltrating enhaced CSM, with BP&CCW, MoS & IoE. That's 20 infiltrating Chaos Space Marines with S5 I5 Fearless and FNP. 60 S5 I5 attacks on the charge. Toss some flamers and maybe a power weapon and we have a nasty (while expensive) unit. That's a mini deathstar, that works well, in paper, along with Huron's Trait.

Huron+Khârn

Pretty much as above. Give Infiltrating to Khârn and attach him in a unit of 20 zerkers. That unit is now infiltrating and very choppy in close combat.

Huron+Dark Apostle

Take a unit of 30 cultists with pistol & CCW. Add three flamers and MoK. Attach a Dark Apostle with MoK and free VotLW. And the Black Mace. Infiltrate the Apostle (which also gives infiltrating to the cultists) and there you go. We suddenly have 30 Fearless, Hatred and Raged cultists: 121 S3 attacks on the charge not counting the Apostle. Lots of laughs. It's not cheap at all (~235 the cultist unit, 155 the Apostle) but a nasty combo, imho.

All of the above can be done with Ahriman too, at the cost of 70 points more.

But what I really love, is to know what kind of sinergies have you find in our new book, and also, comment & criticize the ones I writed above. So feel free to add whatever you consider worthy of a mention.

Cheers.

Not sure if this is the right place but a good tip I saw was MoS cultists with cc loadout so they make full number of attacks at I4 compares to anything else that hits last. I'm thinking a lord/sorcerer on steed to confer infiltrate and maybe pair it with a spawn unit to bog down/break a flank.

I particularily like your Huron Khârn combo ;)

Not sure if this is the right place but a good tip I saw was MoS cultists with cc loadout so they make full number of attacks at I4 compares to anything else that hits last. I'm thinking a lord/sorcerer on steed to confer infiltrate and maybe pair it with a spawn unit to bog down/break a flank.

I particularily like your Huron Khârn combo :rolleyes:

Except that none of the daemonic steeds confer Infiltrate. The Slaaneshi one grants Outflank, which can be useful, but not Infiltrate.

Personally, I don't think Cultists should have Marks. They're meat-shields, almost entirely combat ineffective against the overwhelming majority of armies. The only upgrades I would consider are the autoguns and special weapons; at rapid fire ranges, an appropriately built unit can toss a ton of dice and maybe get some wounds through power armor saves through sheer force of numbers alone.

I think a good team, is running a 9 man squad of Zerkers with Khârn, and a 15 man cultist squad with them. When going into assault, Khârn ditches the Zerkers and goes with the Cultists. That way your killing 4 point models rather than 18pt (might be wrong, don't have the codex on me atm) zerkers. I also think that a good pair is Zerker Champion with a Power Maul and Khârn. That way, you challenge with the Champion, he Concusses the opponent, and Khârn eats them next turn.

I have to wait for the gw faq but if the zombies can be taken in squads of 35 I would like to try huron and typhus to give me up to 3 units of zombies that start the game only 18 inches from the enemy line, that is up to 105 zombies :)

Lord Lee

Archived