Single Death Guard HQ for a friend

batu

A friend of mine has his birthday soon, so I will make a Deah Guard HQ for him as a present.

He is still very very wip. I want to do him in true scale. As you probably can tell, my sculpting skills are very limitied, but I will try to cover that up with damage and detail later on.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/karol/deathguardwip002.jpg

I will use a MK 6 helmet, but Im not sure if I will use a spike, the classic DG look, or a horn, more like a Plaguebearer.

So what you guys think ? How does he look so far, and what should I use on the helmet ?

Cheers and thanks for looking.

You're using a beak helmet on him? That's kinda rare on Chaos ... actually, not sure I've ever seen it, since Mk VI is armor used after the Heresy (so Chaos was in the Warp, or wherever, not really keeping up with armor tech). That's not entirely a reason not to use it. He could steal it off some poor Loyalist.

As for helmet spike vs horn, I'd say go with a real short horn poking out of the helmet. I think it'd look very Death Guard, but also fit the warped visage of a champion more. I wouldn't go with anything too elaborate, though, since that'd take away a bit from his belly, and other neat features.

Great work so far; get that thing finished! And show us pictures!

You're using a beak helmet on him? That's kinda rare on Chaos ... actually, not sure I've ever seen it, since Mk VI is armor used after the Heresy (so Chaos was in the Warp, or wherever, not really keeping up with armor tech). That's not entirely a reason not to use it. He could steal it off some poor Loyalist.

As for helmet spike vs horn, I'd say go with a real short horn poking out of the helmet. I think it'd look very Death Guard, but also fit the warped visage of a champion more. I wouldn't go with anything too elaborate, though, since that'd take away a bit from his belly, and other neat features.

Nah, its fluffy :)

Mark VI was relativly new at the time of the Heresy so most Legions had not large supplies of that more agile armour at the time (almost every legion had a few though, but as it was a designated agile assault armour, the Blood Angels were first to be well equipped with it), except the Blood Angels, who were almost equipped to the last man with it.

I think you've made a great start - top work! Would love to see how this progresses.

Thank you very much sir !

Thanks man ! I used that helmet, but not as "real" mk 6 one. Sorry already put a spike on :D

Nah, its fluffy ;)

Mark VI was relativly new at the time of the Heresy so most Legions had not large supplies of that more agile armour at the time (almost every legion had a few though, but as it was a designated agile assault armour, the Blood Angels were first to be well equipped with it), except the Blood Angels, who were almost equipped to the last man with it.

Weren't the Raven Guard the first to get them ?

Thanks to everybody for commenting !

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/karol/wipDeathGuardPlagueMarine002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Ok that turned out looking pretty good.

Thanks man !

I like how tall he is. Towering mutants are best mutants!

Thanks you !

Okay he is finished. There are some things Im not happy with, but I have to deliver him tomorrow so I rushed the paint job a little.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/karol/DeathGuardHQ1.png

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/karol/DeathGuardHQ2.png

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/karol/DeathGuardHQ5.png

Thanks everyone for watching and commenting :D

Archived