Can a Techmarine repair a Warhound Titan?

dizzy-xc

Technically they could. Now, that being said apocalypse is a mucky lair of house rules and opinions- so by all means talk it over with your opponents BEFORE the game and work something out. Many think that stuff like this shouldnt work, simply as a 'little shouldnt affect big' ideology. Others are more RAW etc.

It was another Space Marine detachment. On advice here, we played it out where his TM repaired the TurboLasers twice. That TM also got stuck into a CC against my Nurgle Bikers who were about to wrap up the flank and then finish off the Titan, but that damned TM and his servo harness managed to do me in one more unsaved wound than I and I failed my morale test, failed my initiative test and my 6 Nurgle Bikers were cut to pieces. I was so flippin mad!

But the best part was near the end where he grouped his Sternguard a bit too close together... thinking that My Shadowsword would shoot his Titan which was on its last leg. Well, a Lascanon finished the Warhound off, saving my pie plate for the hapless Sternguard with some Volcano Canon goodness. But those Sternguard were so close to the Titan, we just chalked it up to them seeing out of the corner of their eye a rapidly growing shadow on the ground, and 100 tons of Adeptus Scrap falling over and squishin em! Oh it was great.

The TM certainly tipped the battle in favor of my opponent, but not in the way we figured he would. It was a surprising match. Obviously, had he had some servitors it would have been even harder for me, but it's not something that one wouldnt be able to overcome. The TM and his unit simply need to be killed asap next time.

EDIT: Oh and the reason I said no to this thread in the OP was because it says a TM can repair a Vehicle and the Titan is a Super Heavy Vehicle. Apples and Oranges, slight bit of distinction, but what the hell. It added to the game.

EDIT: Oh and the reason I said no to this thread in the OP was because it says a TM can repair a Vehicle and the Titan is a Super Heavy Vehicle. Apples and Oranges, slight bit of distinction, but what the hell. It added to the game.

That'd be like saying that a Techmarine can't repair a Land Speeder because the Speeder is a Fast Vehicle.

From the Apocalypse rulebook, on page 92: "Super-heavy vehicles behave on the battlefield like all other vehicles, with the exceptions given below." Said exceptions don't mention anything about being able to be repaired.

Also, although this is somewhat outside of the topics of the OR sub-forum, as for the realism aspect, remember that Super-Heavies have the Damage Control rule, so they can already sacrifice their movement and shooting to self-repair. Think of the Techmarine as being able to direct the repair crew to fix some damage without having to take the drives and weapons offline.

Archived