Why take Warp Talons?

Raven Angel

Comparing Raptors to Warp Talons in the new codex And I just can't see how the LC alone justify the cost of the Warp Talons. I mean these guys are almost twice the cost of Raptors naked and just don't have any cool options and feel real inflexible. I'm also disappointed they didn't do something with the hole tracking their prey through the warp fluff too. That was such a missed opportunity. What do you all think?

The only thing I can see the Warp Talons being better at is "shock and awe" tactics. You drop them in right next to a decent sized enemy unit and then let the CC commence with their lightning claws. Speaking of which, CC is the only other place I see them beating out Raptors because Raptors can't get anything other than the basic CCW this time around. To be honest, while the fluff is somewhat cool, it's not that much different from the Raptors' older fluff and the unit is completely unnecessary. I would say that unless you want one unit that is entirely devoted to CC, forget them. Use the lightning claws for salvage and make some Champions that have LC.

Archived