Murder Sword

Shuggnuggath

The Sword doesn't seem so bad to me.

Demon weapon is a double edge ability and I don't feel totally confortable with it.

On One HtH phase every six your expensive character will drop to WS 1 and risk to take a wound; quite pesky if you are facing a challenge.

The Sword is realy made for challenge against the enemy uber character and I think it should be as reiable as possibile when the time comes.

This is my IMHO of course

No, I don't think it's supposed to be a deamonweapon, and I doubt it will be errata:ed (FAQ and Errata isn't the same thing.)

It's essentially a powersword where you pay 20 pts for the Murder-effect. Seems rather balanced (but slightly boring) to me.

Look at it this way: As long you don't nominate something with the Eternal Warrior-rule, the nominated target will try to be as far away from the wielder as possible.

Just imagine nominating an Eldar Avatar...

I think it's wonderful in the same way as doomsday device is. You don't expect the enemy to surrender to your terms, nor do you expect his warlord to be proud like Horus and walk to the edge of the galaxy to fight your guy with the anathame.

The sword is a threat and can be used like a threat - to hold deathstars back. It can also punch them in the face if they don't care.

Chaos Lord, Murder, MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, GoM, etc. There is your outflanking warlord hunting bastard. I say yes to cavalry I6, Ap1 S8 anytime, even if I only smash the warlord. Give him bikers, spawn, 35 cultists, 20 csm or anything the turn he appears to not get him wasted coming in from reserves.

It ain't gonna work, because your opponent knows which of your models has the Murder Sword, and he knows which character you have nominated. Do you think those two models will ever fight on the table? Maybe, if you were going for straight "Forging a Narrative" kind of game. Otherwise? No, those two models will stay as far away from each other as possible.

It could become another layer of strategy. Opponent- I'm gonna sucker the Chaos Player into a close combat with his Murder Sword, then murder him!, or Chaos Player- Hmm. My opponent keeps moving away from my Murder Sword. Time to take some objectives!

At least it's a power weapon in all other respects.

Honestly, I don't understand why there isn't an option to make a close combat weapon into a Daemon Weapon. :D

It ain't gonna work, because your opponent knows which of your models has the Murder Sword, and he knows which character you have nominated. Do you think those two models will ever fight on the table? Maybe, if you were going for straight "Forging a Narrative" kind of game. Otherwise? No, those two models will stay as far away from each other as possible.

It could become another layer of strategy. Opponent- I'm gonna sucker the Chaos Player into a close combat with his Murder Sword, then murder him!, or Chaos Player- Hmm. My opponent keeps moving away from my Murder Sword. Time to take some objectives!

Perhaps, it can cut both ways. What is pretty clear is that it's effective nontheless.

Alternatively, just make a really fat lord stretches along the bord.

Honestly, I don't understand why there isn't an option to make a close combat weapon into a Daemon Weapon. :D

Because there are no Chaos Squads in 40K, that's why.

Archived