DW & Teleporting with RW

Jankymonkey84

Hey everyone,

So I've been using teleportation to bring in units of deathwing. Here's my question because i've always had some curiosity on if i've been doing it right.

So let me know what i'm missing:

Step1: move out your RW bikers

Step2: Claim where you're gonna drop the Termies 6inches from the biker with the teleportation beacon

Step3: Lay down your one termy and cirlce the rest around that one termy.

Questions: Can the RW bikers still shoot after teleporting a squad in during the shooting phase? Termies can't move but can shoot in the shooting phase right? Can they assault too? Can the RW bikers boost and still teleport too or is there a limit to movement the bikers can make before they can teleport?

Thanks for any unput the codex is somewhat vague when i interpret it

Step2: Claim where you're gonna drop the Termies 6 inches from the biker with the teleportation beacon

Step3: Lay down your one termy test for scatter and afterwards cirlce the rest around that one termy.

Questions: Can the RW bikers still shoot after teleporting a squad in during the shooting phase? Yes

Termies can't move but can shoot in the shooting phase right? Correct

Can they assault too? They can't charge - only defend themselves if assaulted

Can the RW bikers boost and still teleport too or is there a limit to movement the bikers can make before they can teleport? As turbo boost occurs during shooting phase termies come in at start of next turn.

Answers in orange. Hope I haven't missed anything.

Cheers

I

Step3: Lay down your one termy test for scatter and afterwards cirlce the rest around that one termy.

Why would you test for scatter when deploying within the 6" range of a Teleport Homer? :) Terminators Deep Striking within 6" of a Teleport Homer don't scatter.

Step2: Claim where you're gonna drop the Termies 6 inches from the biker with the teleportation beacon

Questions: Can the RW bikers still shoot after teleporting a squad in during the shooting phase? Yes

Termies can't move but can shoot in the shooting phase right? Correct

Can they assault too? They can't charge - only defend themselves if assaulted

Can the RW bikers boost and still teleport too or is there a limit to movement the bikers can make before they can teleport? As turbo boost occurs during shooting phase termies come in at start of next turn.

Answers in orange. Hope I haven't missed anything.

Cheers

I

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using a teleport homer, you don't need to test for scatter. I think I've only used a homer once since third edition so I'm a bit rusty on them

I can't tell you how grateful i am for this community thanks all of you :P

But yeah, i didn't think we'd have to worry about scatter? that was the nice thing about teleporting ;)

You don't when Deep Striking by teleport within 6" of a Teleport Homer.

Unless it changed in 6th, deep strike is the first thing that happens in the movement phase. The unit coming from reserve is placed before the bikes move.

but after scout moves, which the RW has that rule.

Unless it changed in 6th, deep strike is the first thing that happens in the movement phase. The unit coming from reserve is placed before the bikes move.

Ya, for the half coming in first turn via Death Wing Assault.

The steps should be:

1 : roll for missions and deployment, place fortifications, place terrain, place objectives

2 : roll for warlord traits, roll for psyker powers

3 : Deploy forces

4 : Deploy infiltrators

5 : Re-deploy scouts

6 : Attempt to seize Initiative

7 : Start first turn, deploy 1st turn reserves (DW assault / daemon assault, etc)

8 : Continue with movement phase

Then on subsequent turns ...

Roll for reserves

Deploy units coming from reserves

Move any/all units

The steps should be:

1 : roll for missions and deployment, place fortifications, place terrain, place objectives

7 : Start first turn, deploy 1st turn reserves (DW assault / daemon assault, etc)

Roll for reserves

Move any/all units

So lets see if this can be clarified like some nice melted butter.

At point #5 the RW bikes & AB's makes their "Scout Move" that re-positions then on the gaming table.

At point #7 the DWA happens, placing any DW Squads on the table in turn One that the owning player chooses to deploy.

The steps should be:

Roll for reserves

Move any/all units

So lets see if this can be clarified like some nice melted butter.

At point #5 the RW bikes & AB's makes their "Scout Move" that re-positions then on the gaming table.

At point #7 the DWA happens, placing any DW Squads on the table in turn One that the owning player chooses to deploy.

Yes, that's the process with a single note of clarification - owning player deploys half, rounding up, of the Deathwing squads in reserve using deep strike rules. Owner can certainly choose any of the half but obviously not "any" as in all. I assume you meant that, but the way you worded it was slightly unclear.

~sigh~ Yes, you have to drop the termies before the bikes move on the turn in which the termies arrive. I don't know why the scout move is even being thrown into the discussion, that clearly happens before the game even begins. Talking about it in the context of whether you can move the bikes before dropping the termies only confuses the issue.

If .0001mm of the first termie's base is within 6" of a model bearing a telehomer, there's no scatter. So you can basically tack on two termie bases minus a whisker to the 6" drop bubble, if you're concerned about how far a flame template will reach, running into the enemy deployment zone, getting within 3" of an OBJ, or whatnot.

Archived