Rhinos as decoys?

Statto

Hello All,

Sorry for my ignorance but, am I allowed to use rhinos if they are purchased and used not as squad transports

Eg, army has no squads which can use rhinos as transport, can I still feild rhinos?

Cheers

Statto

Eg, army has no squads which can use rhinos as transport, can I still feild rhinos?

No. Rhinos can only be bought as options for squads. There is not an option to buy them outside of a squad therefore your example is impossible. You can however buy them with the squad but not put the squad in them...

Correct as above and also not sure that's such a great strategy even if you could. Your opponent knows exactly what is in the rhino (in this situation - nothing) and can deal with it at his own leisure as they don't really pose much of a threat.

Correct as above and also not sure that's such a great strategy even if you could. Your opponent knows exactly what is in the rhino (in this situation - nothing) and can deal with it at his own leisure as they don't really pose much of a threat.

Other than that, rhinos seem to be easy first blood these days ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about first blood from the rhino. Speeders are even more fragile and people still take them. Rhinos are good for two things: Hauling a unit up the board quickly, and blocking LoS. And remember, every shot fired into that rhino is a shot not fired into the troops that you need to capture objectives with.

Archived