Alternative Space Wolves scheme

Kanger

Okay here we go. Long time reader but first time writer :)

Need some advise here. I've started a Space Wolves army, but dont like there original color scheme so I am going a different path.

So here comes the pictures:

gallery_69327_7833_252150.jpg

gallery_69327_7833_215708.jpg

gallery_69327_7833_369306.jpg

Any advise will be very welcome

I think its nice different making the yellow the primary colour but it needs some grey patterns like fangs on the helmet or something to indicate that there not imperial fists :woot: but other than that nice idea.

Edited because of the grammar and spelling mistakes as I was on my phone getting shoed out the car by the other half.

I think its nice different making the yellow the primary colour but it needs spme grey patterns like fangs on the helmet or something to indicate there not imperial fists :yes: but others nice

+1, I thought that I was looking at imperial fist for a second. Other than that, it looks great

Maybe try the helmets being a shade of grey or the space wolves blue. Or the backpack. And for the sword I would have made that a series of the triangle teeth patterns in black and red to give the model some more color.

The only problem with yellow is, unless you want to do a lot of shades and extra work, it needs other colors to be prominent and make less of a focal point. Too much of it and the model will look plain.

I think if you do the weapons and the helms or the packs in lets say a battle adeptus grey with a wash of nun oil, you will have the color variant you need and give the model more pop .

Like the idea (although I should chastise you for not like the wolves schemes! j/k)

WLK

Todd

Thanks for the comments.

I'll see what i can do with adding more colors.

Last night I was thumbling around with fenris grey and badab black wash. Could be something i would go with instead of the yellow.

Needs more "research" with the color :lol:

Woo, so much yellow.

The armor on that marine is amazing, the gold metallics good but lost a bit over yellow and the yellow chainsword is the point where it starts to be a bit much for me (personally, and I've not often been accused of good taste in colors aside from by my wife. Pretty sure she exaggerates for as long as I'm willing to buy her clothes...).

I do like the gold but might suggest trying a few other metallic colors for contrast, and maybe more of the red (or grey to make them more Space Wolfesque).

I must admit amazement both at the yellow armor and the skull tied to the bolter. Can I ask how you did tha (skull)t?

Thanks for the tip about using other metallics than gold Akylas.

Havent even thougt about using some of the other metallics. Firt thing I'll try when i get home.

Little guide for the Skull:

Painted the entire Skulle with Dheneb Stone.

"heavy highlight" with bleached bone, leaving the some dheneb stone to show in the darker places.

last highlighted with skull white on the "high" areas.

Last I washed with Devlan Mud.

Archived