Aspiring Sorcerer Sargon Akkad

Recently, I ordered the Thousand sons conversion pack, to either use the helmets for terminators, or make extra ruberics. It camw with a Finecast version of the old Asp. Sorcerer model. As I have three others of the same model, (admittedly only one is stock, the others having had weapon swaps.) I am going to convert this one, to hopefully be bit different.

gallery_49955_7636_19181.jpg

gallery_49955_7636_1244811.jpg

At the moment, I am not sure about the halberd's pose, should I try and have it more upright or will the current pose do?

I am also thinking of carefully cutting away the "face" of his helmet, and if I can get it, replace it with the front of either a MK VI or IV helmet, or possibly one from the new raptor box.

So thoughts on the pose and the helmet?

Like the idea, but you're right - the angle at which he's holding the halberd is a bit odd. I think it it were held upright and in front of him, like a walking staff, it'd look more natural.

Curious how the helmet turns out. Great idea on the Raptor helm, but be careful. GW's scale and sizing's changed a bit since that model was first released, so the face size might match up. Might want to do some experiments before committing the model to surgery.

I will experiment first and check they are the right size first before doing any cutting ;).

I I'll properly keep the pistol, as Asp. Sorcerers once again have the grand option of taking melta bombs and no others, and I don't have any pistols I especially prefer over it, and I don't have any hands that would paticually look good, but will think about it.

I think it looks very good now. The pose looks natural, and as if the weapon has real weight. Nicely done.

I must also say that the mini looks good in finecast...or you got lucky and got a well-cast one. How was it?

It does look good, I'd say one level with the old metal, but id does not have the satisfying weight. There are a few small holes around the bottom of his robes, but fortunately because of their position they are not really noticeable, there were a fair few on the sword and and hand I removed however, and sword was bent, I have also had to trim the back of the bolt pistol as it was pockmarked with holes.

As I got the model as a side as I ordered the set for the Thousand son heads (which were good quality and look better in finecast, the robes and chests however :/.. )

I admit I gave away the backpack, as that thing had at least 13 different vent/sprue/loads of flash that I could not be bothered to clean it all as I had spare metal ones.

Over all, I'd say I was exceptionally lucky with finecast considering the bits I will use were okay, but not sure I'd want to risk it again.

• 1 month later...

Archived