Ahriman of the Thousand sons

So as much I love the old Ahriman, he is startign to show his age in regards to his height compared to other marines, and so I have started converting my own:

gallery_49955_7636_1629670.jpg

The rubric head was in just to give me an idea of the height, but I did think of using it or replacing the front of it with the helmet front of either one of the new raptor helmets or a mkIV/II helmet. My main idea though was to take either one of the helmets from the raptor box, or use a MKIV /II/III one and add horns like the original Ahriman. I'm using the hammer arm that came with it, though will remove the ribbon and hammer head and either use staff ends form the classic model's or from the terminator sorcerer box.

I will remove the wing but keep the gem, and will try to replicate the goats head on the original model's shoulder, possibly using a skull from the wood elf dyrad it. I am not sure what to do with the belt aquila, either remove it for some Hieroglyphs/eye of horus/defile it, or possibly file it down and put rectangular Cartouche plates there like he does in the heresy art books.

I'll use either the asp. Sorcerers backpack or the old Ahriman's, and I am thinking of trying to faintly paint hieroglyphs, runes, cuneiform and other occult symbols on his armour, not entirely sure what colors to do his robes, cloak and pistol holster, possibly white on the loincloth and a royal purple on the cloak, both with symbols above mentioned symbols on them, and an orange/yellow for the holster?

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks, even if don't use that head, I will probably go for somehting similar, as the main aim is to make Ahirman look more regal, as befitting a true lord among sorcerers, though I admit, the more I look at it, the more I want to use that head or at least ditch the horns and go for a artificer MKII/IV with thousand sons crest as per the cover of "A Thousand sons"(If I do use the crest, I may paint it blue and purple, as it seems to be a personal colour of his in that book).

I must admit, I am hoping to try and enter it him into Golden Daemon next year if I manage to get him I am happy, so I need to keep him recognizable.

There's a four-horned head in the basic CSM box that you might want to use - I did for my Ahriman [ http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...id=3202672& ] and it worked out pretty well, I think. Nice idea about using the Chapter Masters with their cloaks and all cloth, but I wouldn't want to convert them :)

Well, I managed to get one of the warptalon helmets off a friend, and here is the test helmet placed on the model:

gallery_49955_7636_597414.jpg

gallery_49955_7636_751732.jpg

gallery_49955_7636_1664207.jpg

As you can see, if I do use this head I still have some work to do with it, including replacing the vent bits on the side either with wiring or possibly a small pair of horns as a tribute to the original, or possibly somehow done like eldar striking scorpion madiblasters?

a nice idea but as you said, some work still to be done.

i think the big top head egypty bit needs to be brought down... im not sure how to describe what i mean without a shoddy ms paint job...

sort of like this

gallery_38604_3113_671256.png

that would fill in the side areas nicely and make it look less unbalanced.

just my 2 pence though,you are doing great and im looking forward to the finished model.

SB

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean to cut the top bits and stick them to the side, or to use greenstuff sculpting to expand it??

Also I'm not sure, but does the crest on the new helmet look a bit off balance? I'm begining to think I should ave just use the stock helmet from the first pic.., only I cut my last one of it up for this helmet.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean to cut the top bits and stick them to the side, or to use greenstuff sculpting to expand it??

Also I'm not sure, but does the crest on the new helmet look a bit off balance? I'm begining to think I should ave just use the stock helmet from the first pic.., only I cut my last one of it up for this helmet.

not sure what i meant now, i must have been rather tired...

i do reckon you should refine it though, it does look slightly off, you may be right with the off balance thing.

Edit: i see why i was moaning now, the helmet looks quite a bit wider than the old one, which makes it look slightly off. though that may change with some paint on it.

i think i see what sword brethren is saying. the warp talon head is fatter so it is emphasising how high up the 'crest' (?) sits.

either carving more of a gap in the crest so the helmet sits into it more or using greenstuff to build up the crest at the bottom where it joins the helmet so it joins to the 'ears' of the helmet could work (the original joins above these to steal a bit of the helmet width at the join maiking it less like the crest is floating at the top of the head)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived