Deathwing and Flamers (chaos)

Haranin

sorry to ask the dumb question - flamers as in the weapon or flamers as in the daemon?

the former - sit back and shoot. possibly have a sniper squad and/or characters use precision shots to take them out

the later - not faced them myself but an alled libby with null zone (bike based or drop pod) to get near them quick then flatten them with everything you have at range. i wouldnt try charging with overwatch

If you mean regular flamers...it shouldn't be an issue.

If you mean incinerators (Daemons)...never ever assault them. A 5 strong unit means 5-15 hits, which means 2,5-7,5 invul saves...plus they usually hit before you do since we usually carry Ini 1 weapons...plus the have 2W and eternal warrior...

Low quality high quantity shots are the way to go, IMO.

While flamers are really hard to handle, all you can do is shoot at them. Try to assault them and BAM flamers to the face. When they come on the board they are most likely going to flamer you, the only thing you can do about that is spread out. But with that being said there isn't much in the game that is a guarantee to kill them. All you can do is what Tanhausen suggested and just mass small arms fire them, just keep making them take that save.

The ones I'm more worried about is Screamers. While not as stupid obviously good as flamers, they are still really really good. I haven't figured out what to do about them either. They are just so fast, come in via deep strike, then turbo boost 24" (go go them being jet bikes) if they are in a position they don't like. They have, IIRC, 5 attacks on the charge, all at AP2. They are almost as good as flamers!

My last experience with Flamers was a few weeks ago, never played them before. The op DS them in my Deployment Zone right in front of a TLLC Rzrbk and in range of my DEV Sqd dugin a rubbled building. Needless to say they took lots of shooting 2xW, finally turn 3 they were down to 5 figures, I charged them with Sammi on JB, a Libbi on bike and a 5 man RW/Command Sqd. Lost the entire Cmd Sqd but the Flamers died also. 2W an Inv Save, and EW is pretty nice for 23 points.

Archived