Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus is he a legal character?

Ikken

I was going to ask this in the DA forum , but i play space wolves and never read that part of the forum so i will never get around to reading any answers .

Like everyone else I bought the Dark Vengeance starter kit , I got the limited edition one with the Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus model .

my question is this is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus a legal HQ choice ? In the DV kit there is a cheracter card for him with stats and points .

If I want to use DA as allies can I use him as the HQ ? and would this be tournament legal ? or even Game Store legal ? or is he just a cool mini that I should paint SW grey and call a wolf priest ?

i didn't notice there were no points on the card , for some reason I thought there was a points cost . so i guess he is legal , but you can't put him in an army list because you can't cost him .

typical GW logic .

I guess I will paint him SW grey , give him some wolf tails and call him a wolf priest . He might make a good base model for an Iron priest conversion .

Or you could just keep him until the DA get a proper codex (can't be that far out considering they were in the starter set) where they will probably assign a points cost and actually make him "special". I don't have his card memorized, but don't think it's anything outside of a boosted stat or two and what amounts to be a pretty standard chaplain ability.

The model looks decent, but as a wolf-priest, I think it would pretty bad, no matter how many wolf tails get put on him. It's the robes. Unless you can resculpt wolf pelts over all that fabric, it doesn't scream space wolf to me at all.

Better deal is to paint him very cleanly as a Dark Angel and sell it on ebay and buy yourself a Games Day Wolf Priest, if Seraphicus's MSRP is high enough.

The model looks decent, but as a wolf-priest, I think it would pretty bad, no matter how many wolf tails get put on him. It's the robes. Unless you can resculpt wolf pelts over all that fabric, it doesn't scream space wolf to me at all.

Robes and SWs... What about this guy...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/disturbedbeaver/TermieInProgress.jpg

Robes and SWs... What about this guy...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/disturbedbeaver/TermieInProgress.jpg

too clean shaven.

and the DA model has the DA emblem on the back of the cape which would be hard and somewhat pointless to remove.

my advice, wait for the DA release and then sell it to one of them.

WLK

The terminator captain bust looks like a vanilla terminator painted in Space Wolves color. Good paint job, but, again, not wolfy.

Kieran brings up a good point. Keep the model, wait for the opportune moment when DA players get all excited and pumped, then sell it. Be sure also to check if other listings have bids on them, in order to help you gauge how much profit you can make off of it.

The terminator captain bust looks like a vanilla terminator painted in Space Wolves color. Good paint job, but, again, not wolfy.

Now you can like that or dislike it but just so we are clear, that is a Limited Edition Forgeworld Space Wolf Terminator Bust.

I just threw it up to show that clearly someone somewhere connected to 40k thinks robes are wolfy... ;).

Just sayin', us wolves don't take kindly to people what make us fight alongside dress-wearin' girlymarines.

OT, you can use him as a rune priest, I saw a conversion a while back. Its doable. Doesnt look half bad either. Dont worry about the robes, paint them a dark brown instead of bone and you'll make them more like monks robes than dresses. Scrape off the icon on his front and add a wolf tooth necklace and sculpt fur over his loincloth. Then give him a wolf backpack and swap out his shoulderpads and yer done.

Just sayin', us wolves don't take kindly to people what make us fight alongside dress-wearin' girlymarines.

OT, you can use him as a rune priest, I saw a conversion a while back. Its doable. Doesnt look half bad either. Dont worry about the robes, paint them a dark brown instead of bone and you'll make them more like monks robes than dresses. Scrape off the icon on his front and add a wolf tooth necklace and sculpt fur over his loincloth. Then give him a wolf backpack and swap out his shoulderpads and yer done.

You could do that, but do consider the effort your putting into it, the chance that it'll come out looking like crap, and the potential loss of a profitable miniature that could have a high market value in the near future.

Always think ahead when modelling. :(

At the moment, he's only legal if you field him as a regular Interrogator-Chaplain.

^yes.

And since DA already have a named I-C character (Asmodai), it is unlikely that he will be anything more than a one-off special model with no unique rules.

He doesn't even have all the rules associated with regular chaplains, so I'd be leaning towards "no".

Nor does he have a points cost.

So yeah, regular chappy with plasma pistol.

What was it again... 135 points or so?

• 2 months later...

Archived