Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus is he a legal character?

Ikken

Cowardly?

Does he not retain Inner Circle, and thus Fearless?

Hmmmmm...

Probably something else they left out. I don't have anything in front of me, but unless it says all Interrogator Chaplains have it, it probably doesn't say so on his profile card on DV.

Whoever said Seraphicus gave PE:CSM mispoke - technically speaking, he does give that, but that isn't his special ability at all. Instead, he gives "Litanies of the Dark Angels" in the place of Zealot. "Litanies of the Dark Angels" lets you re-roll misses or 1's to wound vs. CSM - this applies to both melee and shooting, and any squad he joins also benefits. (Seraphicus also gets PE:CSM, but that's completely redundant with litanies.)

Whoever said Seraphicus gave PE:CSM mispoke - technically speaking, he does give that, but that isn't his special ability at all. Instead, he gives "Litanies of the Dark Angels" in the place of Zealot. "Litanies of the Dark Angels" lets you re-roll misses or 1's to wound vs. CSM - this applies to both melee and shooting, and any squad he joins also benefits. (Seraphicus also gets PE:CSM, but that's completely redundant with litanies.)

Erm, well to be fair the opposite is true. Litanies of the Dark Angels is redundant. (I guess you could argue either but since all ICs have PE:CSM its litanies that is the silly addition).

Litanies of the Dark Angels does nothing that Inner Circle does not, and he loses Zealot for no recompense.

Nice model, nothing else.

Erm, well to be fair the opposite is true. Litanies of the Dark Angels is redundant. (I guess you could argue either but since all ICs have PE:CSM its litanies that is the silly addition).

Litanies of the Dark Angels does nothing that Inner Circle does not, and he loses Zealot for no recompense.

Dang it! wallbash.gif I had assumed PE only gave rerolls in close combat. (That's what I get for not doing my homework, I suppose...)

Um, instead of simple Hatred, he has Preferred Enemy (CSM). He's better than the default, if you play vs CSM.

All interrogators have preferred enemy CSM!

They do because of Inner Circle but to my knowledge that part doesn't get carried over to the squad they join.

Cowardly?

Does he not retain Inner Circle, and thus Fearless?

Hmmmmm...

Probably something else they left out. I don't have anything in front of me, but unless it says all Interrogator Chaplains have it, it probably doesn't say so on his profile card on DV.

Q: How many points is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, from the

special edition Dark Vengeance boxed game?

A: 125 points. Seraphicus is an HQ choice in a Dark Angels

army, and a special character. He is an Interrogator-Chaplain

armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels. He

replaces the Interrogator-Chaplain’s Zealot special rule with his

own Litanies of the Dark Angels special rule.

It isn't left out, all Int-Chaps have the Inner Circle special rule. They state he is an Interrogator-Chaplain only difference is he is armed with a Plasma Pistol instead and his Zealot rule is replaced by Litanies of the Dark Angels rule. He is "intended" (which I hate, when they do, when they assume people will know what is meant and then people don't read it that way "they" see it as being. "they" is GW. I will also say that I know I have been in that boat before msn-wink.gif ,) to be played exactly like an Int-Chap (same Entry with the next exceptions,) only difference Plasma Pistol instead of Bolt Pistol and Litanies of the DArk Angels instead of Zealot and he is a Special Character (which also would mean he is Unique.)

Also the card only gives you what the special rule does. You don't use his entry on the card. You use the Int-Chap entry from C:DA and modify it to have the stuff listed in the previous paragraph I wrote.

It isn't redundant. The inner Circle rule that gives them the PE:CSM doesn't give it to the squad they are joined to to my knowledge. Litanies of the DArk Angels is specifically given to him and the squad he is joined to, as stated in the Litanies of the DArk Angels rule for Seriphicus.

Um, instead of simple Hatred, he has Preferred Enemy (CSM). He's better than the default, if you play vs CSM.

They do because of Inner Circle but to my knowledge that part doesn't get carried over to the squad they join.

I've had to read it a few times to make sure, but yes. One model in a unit with Preferred Enemy gives the entire unit the reroll.

I've had to read it a few times to make sure, but yes. One model in a unit with Preferred Enemy gives the entire unit the reroll.

If that's right, that's cool cool.png . I don't have the BGB on hand here at work, so I can't check to see if it's a flows over rule. There has to be something different between Litanies and normal PE:CSM(or whatever.)

I'm comparing all the abilities and it seems like no, there is nothing different than Litanies of the Dark Angels and PE:CSM.

In fact Seraphicus is WORSE than a generic Interrogator-Chaplain because he loses Zealot, thus losing Hatred. He's the exact same points wise as a base Interrogator-Chaplain with a Plasma Pistol as well.

This is one of those things where you have to stop and wonder what GW was thinking.

Seraphicus' Litanies of the DA and the DA rule Inner Circle (inc Preferred Enemy) both carry over onto attached squads. And both re-roll to hit and to wound rolls of 1 in both shooting and cc v Chaos Space Marines.

There's nothing different that I can see. So yes, his Lit of DA would seem to be redundant.

*Tuts* Ninjad to it.

Well maybe I made a mistake with them saying he is armed with a Plasma Pistol and he is intended as having both a Bolt and Plasma Pistol? I know that is stretching it and I wouldn't do that as it does seem pretty apparant that the PlasmaP replaces BoltP....

That's more weird than normal for GW, that they would do this.

LO,S is 2+ for Special Characters and 5+ for normal characters right? maybe the only thing that is special is that now we have another named character we could take for large games and have another 2+ LO,S?........

Seraphicus is armed with a plasma pistol and crozius, no bolt pistol.

Normal Int-Chaps get a bolt pistol and can take additional weapons without replacing it.

Whatever, I'm just trying to work out why he's worth 125 points smile.png

Because he's a base Interrogator-Chaplain with a Plasma Pistol. Which is 125 points. Other than this guy having a name, he's no different I'm afraid. :(

And Harleqvin, LOS on Independent Characters is a 2+, On Sergeants and the like, it's a 4+

S'all good, mate smile.pngsmile.png

Yep but he has no zealot... yet he's the same points?

Yeah. I don't get this either....

Because he's a base Interrogator-Chaplain with a Plasma Pistol. Which is 125 points. Other than this guy having a name, he's no different I'm afraid. sad.png

And Harleqvin, LOS on Independent Characters is a 2+, On Sergeants and the like, it's a 4+

So he would get the 2+ then, At least there is that.

Archived