Chaos Lord

Hellrender

So, after i received the chaos dex, i am trying to make a decent list (not tournament), and i am a bit stuck on what Lord to choose. I doubt between Huron, which gives infiltrate to D3, which is nice, and fits with the theme of my Night Lords.

or a lord with Key and mace, wither on Jump pack, bike or Jugger...

So what do you run, and with what bodyguard? How is it working out?

Cheers

Just a quick note, you cannot have a lord with both the key and the black mace. You can only have one thing from the artifact table per HQ and only one of each item per army.

I prefer a Khorn Lord on Juggernaut with the axe of blind fury and sigil of corruption running with a bodyguard of 5 chaos spawn. Give him gift if i have the spare points.

All of our HQs are quite cheap, but you still can put lots of wargear onto them. If you want a strong leader - Sigil, Murdersword, mutation, and either bike or jump pack with full retinue. It will be death star kind of unit but still will be really cheap. And of course enemy warlod will try to stay as far as possible from that unit. Or you can just field lots of them - forget sigil instead of 2 lords with sigils you can buy 3 lords for 2000pts game. Power weapons or twin claws for Raptors lord and that's it.

I like Nurgle lord w/ sigil, power sword, gift and melta bombs. He rides w/ 5 bikers, 2 meltas and a champ w/ gift, melta bombs and power weapon.

I play nurgle only, and no matter how much I like the other hq options it is hard for me to cut him from the list. Just works to well for his points.

Just a quick note, you cannot have a lord with both the key and the black mace. You can only have one thing from the artifact table per HQ and only one of each item per army.

I think your mistaken and have read that passage all wrong in the codex. It says that you can exchange only one weapon with an artifact weapon, but it has not at all any restriction on Non-weapon artifacts other than various Mark restrictions (i.e. Scroll of Magnus Tzeentch only). Its perfectly legal to exchange. say, a bolter with the Black Mace, and then take the Dimensional Key as well (you may take as many artifacts as you wish on a model as long as you have enough points, their unique, and they are not weapons)

A model can replace one weapon with one of the following

Whether or not you pick up a weapon artifact is irrelevant. You can only have one and you have to yield one weapon to get it.

This phrase is subject to opinion and will likely only be resolved with a FAQ. Personally I agree with Iron Sage on the wording.

Indeed.

Read the fine print (footnotes) is all I have to say, and the fine print shows you that it is indeed correct that one can take more than one artifact as long as that is not a weapon.

Jacinda, I usually agree with you, but not here in this matter. It is frankly a very illogical wording if I am incorrect, and I prefer to follow logic when that is possible :lol:

Yeah. You are right. ONE can be taken in sop many different ways. :lol:

Hehe, its not that easy, and I won`t let you get away with sarcastic rolling eyes when its obvious that its not as easy as you claim it is, and its highly disputed (that was slightly unecessary, Jacinda).

Finish your own sentence, Jacinda :ermm:

I`ll help: "One weapon" is included in the sentence.

Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, Combi-Flamer, Chaos Bike, Black Mace. He leads a unit of 5 bikers with 2 plasma, meltas, MoS and Icon of Excess. They are the vanguard striking before my Noise Marines ride up with their Sonic Blasters.

Yeah. You are right. ONE can be taken in sop many different ways. :sweat:

Under the Chaos Lord rules, it also says "May take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Chaos Rewards, Special Issue Wargear and/ or Chaos Artefacts sections of the wargear list." Note the plural and the lack of limitations.

At the very least, we have conflicting rulesets.

Big Nurgle Lord

Lightning Claw

Power Fist

Blight Grenades

Mark of Nurgle

Palanquin

Sigil of Corruption

Ichor Blood

He comes in at 195 points but I honestly can't wait to use him. Five attacks with a power fist or lightning claw and toughness 5 and 5 wounds to keep him rolling. I'm going to stick him with a unit of plague marine footsloggers. Perhaps not the most efficient build but I'm guessing he'll be good fun. Also he's gonna be a great conversion project and centrepiece for my army as well as obeying the rule of cool! The "palanquin" is gonna be the plague steed from WFB's Nurgle Lord.

Archived