CSM FAQ 1.0 released!

Attomsk

That's true. Although the name is "Emperor's Children Champion". But even now, it isstill sold as an HQ unit even though HQ units can no longer have Doom Sirens. Which means that at the very least, NM champions should be able to use it. But they can't either. Not without converting the Bolt pistol to a Bolter. But the point is that what is essentially an illegal mini is still being sold by GW.

This model?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1241084_99060102064_CSMEmpChldrnLordmain_445x319.jpg

It's an "Emperor's Children Lord", not Champion, but regardless of whether you used it as a Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, power sword and plasma pistol, or as a Noise Marine Champion with power sword, plasma pistol and doom siren, it would be perfectly legal. Nothing to say having a grill inside your mouth has to be a doom siren, and it doesn't have a bolt pistol.

There is no Finecast Champion model, just an upgrade pack:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2610410a_99800102021_NoiseMarinesUpgradePack_445x319.jpg

Which doesn't include a right arm for a Champion at all, never mind one with a bolt pistol in it.

The Champion in this image isn't a model you can buy, it's just how 'Eavy Metal chose to use the Noise Marine bitz a couple of editions ago, under a radically different codex:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251595_99110102065_CSMnoisemarinesqdmain_873x627.jpg

That's true. Although the name is "Emperor's Children Champion". But even now, it is still sold as an HQ unit even though HQ units can no longer have Doom Sirens. Which means that at the very least, NM champions should be able to use it. But they can't either. Not without converting the Bolt pistol to a Bolter.

Yes, I said it that it was sold as an HQ unit. I repeated the name of the top of my head. My apologies for not being verbatim. But you still did not read my post. You looked at it and went "Gee, were can I poke holes in this one." Guess what, the holes are already there because I already said them.

But the point is that it is essentially an illegal mini is still being sold by GW.

Because of WYSIWYG.

But where in the 6th Edition BRB does it mention WYSIWYG? I'm fairly sure this has come up in another thread recently WYSIWYG is no longer in the rules for 40k, but feel free to correct me if I have this one wrong...

I can't. Don't have a rulebook. So if that's the case, then telling me how to shut up about the mini is kind of pointless when someone may or may not have had the rulebook could have said this earlier and stopped oh how many posts? But you're the first so congrats.

Post edit for font size.

Not telling you at all to shut up just trying to add to the discussion ^_^

And knowing me I'll have got it wrong :rolleyes:

Not saying you were. Just seemed like that was what was going on because I just got two posts in reply that told me a point that I already conceded. It's like someone going "Oh this is a Camaro" and then two people going "You know that's a Camaro right?" when they were the ones you told.

I guess I read the entry to NM as "any NM can take..." to mean ANY NM. Champ is still a NM. Anyone that argues this at your league or store needs to get his skull added to the Throne. No one has a problem at my league with my 2 champs having a siren and a power sword so long as I either: pay a point or drop the bolter.

I guess I read the entry to NM as "any NM can take..." to mean ANY NM. Champ is still a NM. Anyone that argues this at your league or store needs to get his skull added to the Throne. No one has a problem at my league with my 2 champs having a siren and a power sword so long as I either: pay a point or drop the bolter.

Unfortunately for you, this IS against the wording in the Codex... There are profiles for 'Noise Marine' and for 'Noise Champion' and the two are thus different entries in the army book. A Noise Champion is thus not a Noise Marine... Just as in every other codex, when options mention squad members they do not apply to sergeants; In a SM devastator squad, you can't give a heavy weapon to the sarge, for example...

Look at the way Chosen have been written...

"Up to four models may choose one of the following four options..."

and then

"One Chosen may replace his boltgun with..."

The first option is available to anyone in the squad, including the champion. The second is available only to RnF "Chosen" models, not to the "Chosen Champion". If you look at Noise Marines, they wrote "Any Noise Marine" instead of "Any model"...

Archived