Looking for some modeling feedbackadvice

Rizara

Greetings. I am looking for some feedback/advice. I am working on some ideas for my own DIY marine chapter. I am looking to model up some characterful additions to some of my characters but I am unsure what might look best.

Basically my chapter in a nut shell, Is a celtic druid chapter, using the space wolf codex for the army. They are called the White Stags, and will be using this color scheme.

sm.php?b62c=@h6Lbe_i3q5X.hwitf____@@@i1042@iakk7@@hReUahReUa@@@@___@___@@@h6Lbn@@@@@@@@@@..@@@@@@@@@____.iakk7&

I am looking at my rune priests for now, as I am limiting the use of furs and pelts to characters only. They are basically druidic so will have some cloth around, and most of the wolf guard will have cloth elements. Most of the fur and ornamentation will be restricted to characters. Mostly the rune priest and wolf priests in my army. The wolf priests are basically my bards and will most likely have some deer skulls incorporated into thier look on their armors, the rune priests are the seers and advisors of course, and I am trying to figure out how to add some antlers to the models. I am torn on whether or not I should just model it as a headdress, or as a pelt. I am currently looking at two rune priests, one will be in terminator armor and I am still debating on going for a headdress that also works as a psychic hood look to him, or should I give him the pelt that is drapped over the back of the armor with the head of the deer over his head. For the power armor rune priest, it is based off the dark vengeance dark angels librarian, and I was thinking of either modeling the headdress directly over his hood, or should I just go with antlers as a trophy rack on his backpack instead. For this guy I have already removed the dark angel icons and working on figuring out his sword arm. I will probably model some fur on his cape as a stag hide. I am just not sure the best way to get some antlers on him. I am also working on the sword arm, and I have already removed the dark angel icon on his shoulder and goign to sculpt up an army icon on that shoulder, but before I do that, i am still debating whether or not to replace that arm entirely and just remove his hand/sword and have it in a position that is more at rest along his side but ready to strike, instead of the up on his shoulder look he is already modeled as.

For the terminator, its just that debate to a head dress with antlers incorporated, or the huge pelt with attached head/antlers. I am already looking at giving him a staff head on his psychic staff with a stag skull/antler design as well. I don't readily plan to have the antlers on the wolf priest as I am not modeling or converting one at the time but might down the road. If I do I might just incorporate a stag skull with antlers on the wolf priests backpack at that time.

I am just wanting the characters to stand out, and embody the spirit of the chapter the most, as the basic troopers wont have much stag adornment at all, and the wolf lords and wolf guard will barely have any stag stuff at all because they aren't the spiritual leaders of the chapter directly, and more of the militant leaders. These will have more of the robes and knotwork designs painted onto their armor more than having trophies.

Thanks in advance for all advice and suggestions.

If you have the Dark Vengeance set, Kranon has a decent pair of antlers, along with another chosen or two. Maybe the dryad kit?

While I don't have many suggestions, I have to say that your idea sounds great and should have tons of character.

Archived