TDA marks and associated rules

AngelVeto

Looking at the models from forge world and now they have both the Cataphractii and the Tartaros pattern TDA.

And seeing as how the DA are supposed to be super-hoarders of old tech, I don't see it being to far in left field that they would have a few sets of these older marks, as I doubt that the Dark Angels only wanted to keep the Indomitus pattern.

Does anyone know if the other patterns have different rules associated with them? for example the Tartaros pattern is supposedly more agile than the current pattern. so I figure it would have rules allowing them to sweeping advance. but thats just guess work on my part.

They have, but they're in the Horus Heresy rulebook.

No problem just using them as run-of-the-mill TDA, though.

I've had my eye on the Cataphractii models, and if I were to purchase them that's how I would run them. Run of the mill terminators with ancient armor.

Anything more might give other people a headache :)

I don't know about the tartaros, but the cataphracti is slow and purposeful and has a 4++ instead of a 5++

Betrayal says that Tartaros armour uses the rules for normal (ie Indomitus) terminator armour. I think that's a shame because it would be really cool to have a mark of terminator armour with the 'fleet' rule. <_<

Bah, fleet would be cool, but I took the more agile statement to mean tartaros pattern can sweeping advance

Yeah, that'd be more likely.

I mean... why fleet?

Regular power armour doesn't grant fleet, so why would a less cumbersome TDA suddenly allow that?

Well on the purely technical side of things it could indicate that the suite is capable of further boosting the movements of the user but I would suspect such an ability would expense of the wearers safety. Maybe having to take a dangerous terrain test after each fleet move. Personally I think an Initiative boost of +1 would better exemplify such agility.

Termy suits should not be 'agile' in any way. They are slow, they are heavy, they are cumbersome, they are awesome fluff wise and game wise for those reasons ;).

Ah my bad. I don't have the FW HH books.

Well working blind, I think allowing them to sweeping advance would be as far as I'd like to see them go. Fleet just seems wrong. Maybe also a reduction to their invulnerable save too, or even no invulnerable save at all.

IDk seems kinda harsh just for the sweep ability since sweep will only help them in assault and a lower of missing invul hurts them all the way around. A better trade might actually be to make the armor save 3+ and keep the 5++. This way they have to rely on the invul more without it being any less reliable.

Throne! I didn't expect my throwaway comment over breakfast to generate such a response. Thinking about it, sweeping advance would make more sense than fleet.

Archived