Dark Apostles Beseech the Dark Gods clarification

maverike_prime

So the "Beseech the Dark Gods" Rule says after deployment, if a character in the Dark Apostle's unit (including the Dark Apostle himself) rolls on the Chaos Boon table, he may re-roll the result".

Okay, I get to re-roll my Gift of mutation roll. Cool.

Except wait, The Gift of mutation is rolled before deployment. Okay so it doesn't apply to GoM. So wait, does that mean that mean any character that is in the Dark Apostle's unit gets to re-roll any rolls on the Chaos Boon table after deployment?

As written, it would seem the answer to be yes. In effect any character that starts the game in the same unit as the Dark Apostle and remains with the Dark Apostle for the game may re-roll any Chaos Boon rolls he gets.

But my gut says no, however I can't find any verbage to say one way or another. Any one else have any clarification for this point?

As written, it would seem the answer to be yes. In effect any character that starts the game in the same unit as the Dark Apostle and remains with the Dark Apostle for the game may re-roll any Chaos Boon rolls he gets.

But my gut says no, however I can't find any verbage to say one way or another. Any one else have any clarification for this point?

Not sure I understand your question... Way I read it, if at any point during the game, after deployment, a character (IC or unit champion) gets a roll on the Boon table (after killing a character or trough the Tzeentch spell) while in the same unit as the DA, you can reroll the result.

Just because a character once was in the DA's unit isn't enough to qualify for the re-roll, in case this was your question, because the Dark Apostle's unit extands beyond himself only while he is attached to a unit. Even if deployed with a unit at the beginning of the game, he's not a part of said unit once he leaves it...

I agree that the wording is present tense, you have to check if the conditions are satisfied or not at the time of use.

And a character being in his unit earlier isn't going to do that, he isn't there now and it's the now that you're looking at.

Gift of Mutation: "Before deployment,..."

Beseech the Dark Gods: "After deployment,..."

No reroll for the gift, but all that occur after deployment are rerolled. It's that simple!

Archived