First Legion Banners and transfers question

vette114

I am looking at starting a Heresy era DA army, kind of waiting for the new codex to land but I am going to get started on some of the stuff. I was wondering what is the general consensus on what a large banner would look like during the heresy? Could anyone point me towards a picture?

Secondly I know that there are some transfer sheets out there with like a red sword on them but can't seem to find out which it is. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Good Hunting!

MC

I'm looking at the forgeworld MK IV command set with the champion and standard bearer. just wondering what the standard would look like during the heresy? fairly standard dark angels fare? or is there something a little more specific?

I have made some DA Legion banners here, and some pre-heresy decals here, for reference.

Note: the distinction between the red and white sword motif is my own. I needed a reason for their being as I liked the look of both, just in case anyone wonders what the fluff provenance was ;). GW do use the white sword on models and illustrations of pre-heresy/Legion DA, but they use the newer, what is now the current, DA chapter sigil.

Cheers

I

Archived