Power Maul question

Prot

I've been trying a few lists out and I'm trying to figure out how to take a Power Maul on a non-IC.

For instance, I'd like to take it on an Aspiring Champion CSM, or even a Chosen Aspiring Champion but I can't figure out what I'm missing here.

I know it MUST be possible to do this because I have the GW created, Power Maul wielding Chosen Aspiring champion.

I do own the codex but if someone would be kind enough to tell me where I can find the option to equip it on A.C's. I'd really appreciate it.

"Power Weapon" covers swords, axes and mauls.

I mean ruleswise there is an actual entry for "Power Maul". (Not the same as power weapons)

I could be missing it, but it appears the only model that can take it is a Dark Apostle? I'd love to put it on other models.

I mean ruleswise there is an actual entry for "Power Maul". (Not the same as power weapons)

I could be missing it, but it appears the only model that can take it is a Dark Apostle? I'd love to put it on other models.

For the Dark Apostle, they are saying that he has a specific type of power weapon, in this case the power maul. There is no option to choose something else.

This is different from Terminators who have a power weapon and you are able to select what type (sword, maul or axe).

Prot, it's in the 6th edition rule book on page 61.

A power maul is a type of power weapon which is decided by modelling it a certain way (or asking opponent permission to count as)

The aspiring champion can take power weapons which means you can decide if it is a power maul, power axe, power lance, or power sword. Each has it's own unique rules and/or stats.

A power maul is a type of power weapon which is decided by modelling it a certain way (or asking opponent permission to count as)

The aspiring champion can take power weapons which means you can decide if it is a power maul, power axe, power lance, or power sword. Each has it's own unique rules and/or stats.

Ah... sorry. Thank you. There it is... So 'power weapon' really refers to any of these... ok.

Here I was going back and forth through the bloody Chaos Codex thinking I was losing my mind.

Thanks again

how would one count chain-glaives then? (like a spear with chainblade :P)

Could count them as chain axes or even a power axe if they look like they could chew through enough ceramite. Just make sure that they're all counted as the same thing in your list to limit confusion.

I'm not so certain on the uselessness of the power lance. I have used them a few times to mow down units of nids. As for the maul I wont ever use it since I run Slannesh list only I don't want my units getting bogged down in HtH. I try to move as fast as possible from unit to unit creating a spread of threats making it hard to focus shooting attack against any one unit. I have only tried these on bikes so far, but I want to try them out on raptors next games or two.

how would one count chain-glaives then? (like a spear with chainblade :P)

I think I know where you are trying to go because I want to go there too.

Anyway, I'd either make it a power lance or power maul count as. That way, you still strike at your Initiative rather than Initiative one. Might mean the difference between life and death.

Ah... sorry. Thank you. There it is... So 'power weapon' really refers to any of these... ok.

Here I was going back and forth through the bloody Chaos Codex thinking I was losing my mind.

Thanks again

No worries my Wolf and Red Corsair brother. :P

Archived