new (again) to DA

marius1206

hey guys an gals (I know there has to be some that play) I started playing about 12 years ago, and stopped about 8 years ago, so much has changed, i have the new rule book and I have purchased the dark vengeance box, I was wondering if I could get some help on setting up a 1500 point army list. the box was added to a collection that I already had going. I just need some help gettin it all set up. thanks!

how do you like to play? getting stuck in, in combat, shooting or a mix? or something else entirely? any specific themess you like (pure deathwing army, RW heavy etc)

and as CardinalVirtue said, what do you have already (other than the DV boxset)

you may also find it a good place to start to have a look at the DA army list forum:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showforum=118

a final question - any idea what you may be facing or are you looking for an all comers type list?

doubtful lol i was thinking i should have put that in before sorry

dark vengeance box contents

1 old school speeder

2 basic dreadnaughts power fist an lascannon

12 devestators

5 termies PF SB an one auto cannon 1 set of lightning claws

1 term with TH SS

13 assualt squad with jump packs

and about 50ish models to make tactical squads

i have plenty of assault/heavy/close combat weapons, none of the terminators have missle launchers

i think that is about it

sorry didnt see the other post, i can say when i started playin i only played a hand full of games with the DA, then a friend of mine sold me his chaos army, so that is what i used until i stopped playing so as far as my style, i guess i like a mix of shooting an hand to hand. as far as playin against any army but orks, tyranids and necrons

Hold your horses, you don't want to buy anything you don't have just yet. Rumours are that the Dark Angels will receive their new codex in November. It might be worth waiting those extra few weeks before the expert advice you receive turns into yesterday's news.

However, the content of that codex is going to determine many of our futures (including mine) as existing Dark Angel's players. Tread carefully, Ward. Tread carefully. :tu:

Hold your horses, you don't want to buy anything you don't have just yet. Rumours are that the Dark Angels will receive their new codex in November. It might be worth waiting those extra few weeks before the expert advice you receive turns into yesterday's news.

However, the content of that codex is going to determine many of our futures (including mine) as existing Dark Angel's players. Tread carefully, Ward. Tread carefully. :unsure:

Even if that's the case i wont abandon the DA. I have abandoned the tabletop and purchases but not the chapter. I can survive The Ward Heresy, just I did in DND. SELF DENIAL:

4th edition didn't happen, 4th edition didn't happen, 4th edition didn't happen....

Archived