Loyalist Veteran Death Guard

Count the7

The Death Guard Never numbered more than 7 Great Companys, Though eac

h Great Company contained maney sub units the size that other Legions would call Chapters.

Though once Mortarion was found and the 14th Legion started to draw new Blood from Barbarus. The some of the oldest Legionarys of the Dusk raiders found them selves grouped in to Veteran Centuries, often given the toughest tasks and through the meat grinder of Crusade warfare were gradualy whitled down, there Teran ranks, traditions and Honourifics ignored by the new face of the Legion.

Mortarion had no better choice for the first wave in the Isstvan III assault....

Can't see your picture bro, though i followed the link to your album and they look awesome.

Incase it isn't a problem on my end, on the right of your pictures in your album you'll see some links, if you copy and paste the one called Image Link :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads..._6161_17902.jpg

But place inbetween these two tags, [$img]Just remove the $ sign[/$img] like so :

gallery_61751_6161_17902.jpg

Your pictures will show. Really like your work, btw.

I wanted to keep a "dirty" battle worn Death Guard apperance to my army. I love the Romanesque look, Rank structure and Hounorifics of the Legions before they found the Primarchs.

As with the scorn the sons of Barbarus, like Grulgor reflected on Garro and other "out dated traditions of the legion" in the FotI book. I wanted to field an Army of Loyalist Death Guard that reflected the old traditions of the Dusk Raiders.

I envisioned that the Dusk Raider veterans of the Unification wars and early Crusades, would have been grouped in to Veteran Centuries and gradualy wasted away in Mortarians wars of atrition.

1750 Army list:

HQ

Centurion Marco Dune (Legion Prator, Paragon Blade, Pride of the Legion)

Decurion Calib Huss (Legion Centurion, Terminator Armour)

Elites

2X Apothacarys

Troops

Veteran Tactical Squad X2 (Heavy Bolter, Melta Gun)

Terminator Squad X2 (Reaper Auto Cannon, 4x P/Fists)

Veteran Tactical Support Squad (2x Melta Guns, Combi Melta, 2xP/Mauls, Tank Hunters)

Rhino with H/Bolter

Heavy Support

Preditor (H/Bolters, Auto Cannon)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work - but I don't suppose you could brighten up the next photos somewhat, could you? The pictures look a wee bit dark atm. :)

looks good. Did the dusk raider's always have the red armored right shoulder and arm?

As far as I know, yes they did although Betrayal changes the basic scheme from greenish-white and red to dark grey and red.

Thanks, i'm going to get some pics.with better lighting over the next few days.

i started off with painting my Death Guard White with Green trim (like on the cover art for Galaxy in Flames and Flight of the Isenstien) I always liked the idea of retaining the red right arms on my veterans to add depth to the naritive of my army.

when Betrayal came out i loved the look of the Brass/gold trim and tied in nicely withe the Brass/Gold embilems adorning the armour on the front of GiF and FoTI. I have just kept the left Pauldrons Green and i will add Death Guard Transfers when they arive in my care package from Forge world. I wanted to keep the Green to a minimum to stop it clashing with the Red Rt arms. As my whole force is a Veteran one and i lean towards the loyalist side i wanted to keep that Teran Dusk Raider Feel Though out my Army.

I have just Added Some more Work In progress Pics of the next Veteran Tactical Squad, and Finished Photos of my Tactical Support Squad (who actualy get split down to add an anti tank capability to my Vet Tac Squads)

• 2 weeks later...

As a fan of gritty, dirty marines, I really like your work. You manage to have white, red, and green marines without them looking like Task Force Merry Christmas :P

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, the Sgt has a combie Melta from the Chaos terminator kit. the heavy bolter is frop the CSM plastic kit. the way i look at it is, if is carried by CSMs with a bit of de spikying its good for PH. I love MKIII armour though arm swaps are a bitch. have used plasic marine arms cut at the Elbow and re sculpted the MKIII forarms. had to use pin drill and loads of brass wire.

Archived