Best way to convert a datk vengeance librarian?

Kaptejn

Hey all!

Since i'm currently raising an army from scratch i bought the dark vengeance librarian for 2 bucks at ebay.

Imo he looks way more badass than standard librarians. Although I'm new to w40k i figured that i had to do some

light-weight converting on his left shoulder guard and chest. I carved out the shouldrr pad and

Replaced with one spare i had from my DC box.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/9/cyme...21023235521.jpg

The tricky part is what to do with the chest. Should i just even it out and make a blood drop with

Some greenstuff? My painting is so far close to horribad so evening out the peice ane do some

Free-hand painting isnt really an option :P

The tricky part is what to do with the chest. Should i just even it out and make a blood drop with

Some greenstuff? My painting is so far close to horribad so evening out the peice ane do some

Free-hand painting isnt really an option :P

That green-stuff teardrop sounds like the plan of the day and not too complicated either. It's what I would do.

I noticed that he on his right shoulderpad and belt buckle got some sort of horned skull,

is that something that's specific for the dark angels?

The horned skull is the badge of office for Librarians. IIRC, the horned skull is used for Epistolary ranked psykers, with Codicers having an open book with lightning bolts, and Lexicanium having a scroll with lightning bolts.

Pardon my total noobness but what the hell did all that mean:p? I got lost after the epistolary :P

Codicers? Lexicanium?

They are the pskyer ranking system, defining the Librarians experience and role in the Chapter.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Librarians

Edit: Here's a wiki link. It has a section that covers the different ranks of Librarians.

I usually just make a ball of green stuff then pinch and roll one end, perfect teardrop usually (can be shaped with the knife after if need be to be more flush with the surface, especially the pointy end). Before I forget, there's also a sword with wings emblem on the right lower leg, I glued mine before I started converting and it looked hard to remove so I left it as it isn't super visible, but if yours isn't glued it'll be easier to remove. Hope to see some pics of your model once it's complete!! good luck

Archived