cultists released.

I couldn't see a thread pointing this out, for those interested in more cultists without buying DV, in the leak of Novembers wd there's a box of ten cultists. Its one of the later photos on this page link.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/more-...mplete.html?m=1

On the downside they appear to be just the DV models, but thought it might interest those after more cultists.

If it only were ten models... it's actually just a box of five :/

How do you know that? Everyone who commented on the website is ridiculing the guy who said it was five, and are saying instead that the text translates as ten? :tu:

If that's true then that is a kinda fail, doesn't bother me, I already have 120, with 20 more on their way, but still, its a fail. I actually quite like those cheap 5 model box sets they do, its good ways of getting cheap cadians for my guard and termagants for my tervigons to spawn, though most of the other sets don't work out as cost efficient.

If it only were ten models... it's actually just a box of five :/

How do you know that? Everyone who commented on the website is ridiculing the guy who said it was five, and are saying instead that the text translates as ten? :P

I guess I know my own language well enough :)

That warshrine is just God awful, it looks like a bad Game of thrones rip off..

Yup, considering the concept art for it its even worse (the illustration in the book is a chariot, pulled by steeds, with a huge pile of skulls on the chariot, surmounted by an icon to the gods) I do wonder why it appears to be a wire boat carried by trolls......

it's a snap together box set for beginners like the box of 3 marines or 5 guard

I agree, I think that's what it is. Quite a shrewd move on the part of GW as a stop-gap till they release a proper Cultist kit, this will keep people who want to bulk out their DV Cultists happy until then.

That's another retarded move from games workshop. Can't wait for 2015, when they'll release SM one per box.

Don't think they'll ever release a proper cultists box. That's just like when JJ promised us something cool for Chaos when we found that gav gave birth to a crap. Wasted hopes.

I don't care how many models come in the box, I care about the price per model. This box of five is supposed to be 8 euroes. That's the same price as the three-man mini box of starter set space marines, which GW sells for us$10, which makes them $2 per cultist. That's not super terrible by GW standards, though I do feel bad for those who want hundreds of these guys.

The equipment set up is annoying - I don't think anyone is going to want quite that distribution of rifles to pistols, and honestly all pistols would have been by far the best. But the upgrade is made on a per model basis, so you can still make legal, if suboptimal units. Also, as mentioned, this is the 'small' box, so a 'large' box may yet be forthcoming.

The main benefit, though, is that this box should put something of a cap on the price of Dark Vengeance cultists available from bits order or on the secondary market, which should prevent prices from getting out of hand as demand for DV cultists increases.

The main benefit, though, is that this box should put something of a cap on the price of Dark Vengeance cultists available from bits order or on the secondary market, which should prevent prices from getting out of hand as demand for DV cultists increases.

This is the most important factor. Cultists on eBay atm are terribly expensive, you're much better off buying a DV set and selling the extras to your friends, or back on eBay. I've got 2 DV sets and it looks like I could do with another, but I'll probably hold out until the full Cultist box is released, that way I'll get more varied models.

Everyone who commented on the website is ridiculing the guy who said it was five, and are saying instead that the text translates as ten? :D

Thse people are apparently incapable of reading, it clearly says enthält fünf kultisten - contains five cultists.

Anyway, this is a lousy release, but it's almost certainly a temporary one, and akin to the 3-marine snapfit sets as other people have commented. Doesn't mean we won't see a proper kit next year (or whenever the second wave is)

Everyone who commented on the website is ridiculing the guy who said it was five, and are saying instead that the text translates as ten? :P

Thse people are apparently incapable of reading, it clearly says enthält fünf kultisten - contains five cultists.

Anyway, this is a lousy release, but it's almost certainly a temporary one, and akin to the 3-marine snapfit sets as other people have commented. Doesn't mean we won't see a proper kit next year (or whenever the second wave is)

Agreed. Looks like a stop gap measure to give access to cultists before other companies fill the void until a proper set is created.

As expected, better make your own cultists.

I was intending to do that anyway, especially for the zombies. I have visions for Cultists that don't involve them looking like they came out of the extras cast of The Warriors.

Sounds like a great plan, I wish we had something to create Blood Pact.

Anyway, have fun modelling.

Looks like I will be sticking with dark vengeance cultists. Anyone planning on using the ones with stubbers as "regular" CCwep cultists? I have 30 ccwep and 10 stubber guys at the moment. I don't plan on using any stubbers but I kind of want more variance than the 5 types of CC weapon poses we have...

Archived