Returning to the Rock

Terrahawk

Hail Brothers!

With the release of the excellent Dark Vengeance models, I have donned the dark green (and bone-white & black) again. I have decided to take this opportunity to say Hi to all the members of this forum, since I will be posting here more often. Some of you might even remember me from a few years back, when I was more active around these parts.

Anyways, the Dark Angels were my chosen first army when I started playing Warhammer 40K back in late 4th Edition, and as such have always occupied a very special place for me. I enjoy all the aspects of our hobby, but I consider myself a fluff-player before everything else. That was exactly what drew me in, not to mention the Chapter's dark imagery and brooding colour-schemes. Yeah, and robes, robes I tell you! And it was not like our current Codex was a powerhouse, even back then. :)

However, for the last couple of years I have been mainly playing my Blood Angels (another army I really, really like), but with the edition change and all, I felt this was the perfect time to get back to my roots. I'm currently occupied with re-painting my Deathwing and reinforcing it with Dark Vengeance models. Once I get my army's "core" done (Belial + 3 Squads of Deathwing), I'll move on to other things, prolly 2 Typhoons for fire support. And Fallen objective markers, gotta get me some of those. I did a rough count and when I count together my assembled and unassembled DA stuff, I have over 4500+ points of Unforgiven goodness. That should keep me busy for a while.

Anyways, sorry for the novel guys. All in all, I'm really happy to be more heavily involved with my DA army again and looking forward to get more games of 6th in.

So, as was often repeated in this forum even back then "Once an Unforgiven, always an Unforgiven"...

welcome back to the Rock. now about them miniatures?

Thank you! :Elite:

Hehe, I think I will post some pictures when I have something that doesn't embarrass me too much.

Bah, theres no such thing. After all there some guys here who embarrass us all no matter what.

I am sure they will be giving some sound advice to improve too, if you dont feel that confident.

welcome back to the Rock. now about them miniatures?

Thank you! :Elite:

Hehe, I think I will post some pictures when I have something that doesn't embarrass me too much.

Bah, theres no such thing. After all there some guys here who embarrass us all no matter what.

I am sure they will be giving some sound advice to improve too, if you dont feel that confident.

That's true, there are some very talented people in this forum. :P

I guess I will be whipping up a WIP thread soonish. I'm easy like that.

Bohemond cheers for the welcome, mate!

Captain Semper thanks brother! :) Heheh, I think these will keep my occupied for a while. Even though a Pre-Heresy DA army in black would look completely awesome...

Archived