Crusaders forward

DominicJ

My last couple of games have been draws or defeats.

Mostly because my three assault squads, priest and sanguinor just doesn't work.

So, i think its time to give d company a ring.

But, that got me thinking, they aren't all that's nasty in combat.

Current plan is 15dc and a rec in a crusader, with three fists.

I considered six hammernators with a rec and priest in tda, but it didn't really seem kill enough.

Its probably overkill, but would ten get the job done?

After losses?

Do you still get lob if your rec declines a challenge?

Post an army list.

3ASM squads properly supported are pretty killy. You need the right targets, and the rest of the army needs to help those ASM get at their targets.

That's a massive investment in the LR/DC that can be crippled by a single melta gun.

Deschenus Maximus asks a good question. The root of your problem may lie elsewhere and not be solved with the inclusion of DC and an LR.

Personally, I think 8 to 9 DC and a Reclusiarch with 2 powerfists at the most will get the job done. There are times where you don't want to be so killy you wipe out the opposing squad in your turn. You have the option of putting a powerfist on the Reclusiarch for 15points and opting to attack with either the powerfist or crozius.

I am not sure what your local meta is, but I see a lot of wraiths and blob sized squads these days. So I like the idea of a Crusader for volume of fire, but it is definitely a risky investment with the amount of melta-bombs out there these days and Necron shenanigans glancing you to death on 6s. You just need to try and keep that bad boy out of charge range before you deploy the DC package. There aren't many DE players these days in my local meta, so lances are not something I need to worry about all that much.

I would say 9DC with bolters, 1 with powerfist, 1 with axe and pistol along with a reclusiarch sporting a powerfist should do the trick. That's 18 bolter/bolt pistol shots before you charge and 32attacks at i4, 4 at i5 if you hit with the crozius and 9 AP2 attacks, 4 of which are insta-kill at i1.

Without seeing the rest of your list. This would be how I would do things.

Archived