Warpsmith's

Minsc

Not having access to the the bulk of the armory is just shamefully stupid. If anything, this guy should have extra options of weird, daemonically powered arcane wargear, but no.. Even if the Warpsmith weren't such a bad value for the points, I'd shun it for that reason alone.

Isn't the burning brand a bit of a waste of his BS5 though? It'd rather stick him on a Quad gun surrounded by Havocs with skyfire missiles!

I'll run him with my Thousand Sons and have him take Challenges for my staff-wielding aspiring sorcerer. ^^; Aura + MoT at least gives a Rosarius-equivalent save for a slightly lower cost.

Then I think I'll give him the Black Mace to go with his Scrolls (since the Scrolls don't replace a weapon), so he can either hit at S7 AP4 I4, or S6 AP2 I1. ^^; With all those gribbly, gribbly tentacle attacks... mwahaha.

Isn't the burning brand a bit of a waste of his BS5 though? It'd rather stick him on a Quad gun surrounded by Havocs with skyfire missiles!

I've got a list drawn up to use later today with something along these lines. I'm taking the Warpsmith to man an Aegis/Icarus, two Havoc teams to split four missile launchers between, and three squads of cultists to bubble-wrap it all in.

The whole list is a bit experimental. For the offensive half of the army I've got some shooty Noise Marines to light up the midfield, a Heldrake to drop AP3 whenever it decides to show up, and a Juggerlord with Spawn retinue to cross into the enemy backfield and smash up the place. It should be fun.

I'll run him with my Thousand Sons and have him take Challenges for my staff-wielding aspiring sorcerer. ^^; Aura + MoT at least gives a Rosarius-equivalent save for a slightly lower cost.

Then I think I'll give him the Black Mace to go with his Scrolls (since the Scrolls don't replace a weapon), so he can either hit at S7 AP4 I4, or S6 AP2 I1. ^^; With all those gribbly, gribbly tentacle attacks... mwahaha.

why give him scrolls? Wouldn't it be a waste since he isn't a psyker?

Archived