Superheavy vehicles vs ordnance vs snap fire

Flipl8

To expand on the title...

A buddy of mine has hinted that he might be getting a Baneblade or one of its variants.

Per the 6th edition rulebook, when you fire an ordnance weapon, all other weapons on the tank must be snap-fired. He has several LRBT variants, and we've run into this rules issue before. The IG FAQ settles the issue; no problem.

Does this rule apply to superheavy vehicles as well? Particularly Baneblade tanks / variants.

Also, the FW 6th Ed FAQ only states the following: "Super-heavy vehicles may fire all of their weapons as if they had been stationary, regardless of how far they moved. Each weapon may be fired at a different target (each target must be within the weapon’s fire arc)." So I could see my friend making the argument that each weapon counts as being mounted on a separate vehicle, to all intents and purposes. Does that hold any weight?

I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys could offer. Because I'm convinced a Baneblade will absolutely ruin me, haha.

Sorry grey your wrong the forge world update for super heavies says they follow normal vehicle rules with the following exceptions and firering ordanance causing snap fire is not excluded, unfortunately this means firering the big gun means the rest snap fire. Hopefully it'll be changed in the future.

Ive been informed- but dont have access to my books at this time- that the FW updates/faqs have changed almost all primary weapons to non-ordnance, they just get the ordnance ability to roll 2d6 and take the highest for armor pen.

Hey Grey Mage, sorry to bother on this again but do you think you would be able to reference which update I should look at?

Sure, its on FWs website, here.

And the part in particular to pay attention to is this:

PRIMARY WEAPONS

A Super-heavy vehicle’s main weapons are often massive affairs, heavily constructed and able to deal death on a unimaginable scale. Any weapon possessing this special rule must roll two dice for penetration and pick the higher result when making an attack. Note this does not apply to any additional dice rolled because of other special rules such as Armourbane, for example.

In addition, because of extra shielding and powerful back-up systems, whenever a Primary weapon is affected by a Crew Shaken, Crew Stunned or Weapon Destroyed result, the controlling player must roll a D6. On a result of 1-3 the Primary weapon is affected as normal, but on a 4-6 the damage result has no effect on the Primary Weapon.

Note... they act like ordnance, but they are not ordnance. So in the case of the baneblade..... well the apocalypse rulebook has it listed as Ordnance 1 anyways, but its been updated since then- and I cant find that sheet at the moment. Still, atleast it gives you a solid rule to work with in the meantime.

Note... they act like ordnance, but they are not ordnance. So in the case of the baneblade..... well the apocalypse rulebook has it listed as Ordnance 1 anyways, but its been updated since then- and I cant find that sheet at the moment. Still, atleast it gives you a solid rule to work with in the meantime.

The most recent FW publication, The Horus Heresy Betrayal, still lists Reaver Titan weapons, the Fellblade's HE shot(vs its AP round), Typhon, Cerberus weapons as Ordnance - so FW hasn't changed that.

• 5 months later...

Am I missing something or is there still no clarification by FW to this topic after all these months?

Nope. Im hoping it's in the anticipated july release Apocalypse rulebook.

At the bottom of page 3 for the Imperial Armour 1 second edition faq & errata found here.

specifically

Super-heavy vehicles may fire all of their weapons (including Ordnance) each turn at their full Ballistic

Skill. They fire as if they had been stationary, regardless of how far they moved. Each weapon may be
fired at a different target (each target must be within the weapon’s fire arc).

Archived