Battlescribe and the Dark Angels

AngelVeto

I have battlescribe for my phone, and am using the data pulled from catalouge.randomhit.org but the info it has for the DA codex is slightly askew. I've mainly noticed it in the heavy support section, where a Vindicator costs the same as a land raider costs the same as a predator costs the same as a whirlwind... all 250 pts. and the Vindicator has a turret weapon autocannon or twin linked lascannon... as well as side sponsons (basically the same exact entry as the Predator)

But because I am using it on my iPhone I can't edit the data myself, like you apparently can for PC versions. So I was wondering if any of you guys use battlescribe and know of a different location for the data files that doesn't have these inconsistencies.

oooh! oooh! I know! I got the answer to this one!!!!

with the new battlescribe for IOS release, what you can do is this:

1: edit the data file using the desktop software, increment it up, and save it.

2. go to itunes, your phone, apps, click on battlescribe in the bottom section. Hit add, browse to the newly edited datafile, and add it.

3. sync your phone, and it *should* grab the new .cat file (with the higher increment) and stick it in the catalogues folder.

worked for me...so with a little luck, should work for you!

at work right now, or I'd provide screen caps to go along with :lol:

where a Vindicator costs the same as a land raider costs the same as a predator costs the same as a whirlwind... all 250 pts.

I had the same problem. I guess it was some sort of glitch. I changed nothing, but after a while it started to show normal values.

I've edited my copy of the randomhit.org Dark Angels roster to show the correct points values. I'd upload it here if I knew how, but I'll happily email a copy to anyone who wants it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, it's already avaliable. msn-wink.gif

http://catalogue.ran...c.php?f=5&t=222 - here's the topic, where you can report bugs

http://omts.org.nz/b...K/DA6th.cat.zip - and here's the file itself

I think I looked earlier today even and I didn't see that! Awesome!

edit: oh, maybe it's because that thread requires being logged in...

I keep getting a notice saying safari can't download this file. sad.png guess ill try later when I'm on wifi. Was hoping to find one of these so thanks!

My Droid downloaded it buy when I try to make a roster it says there's am error with the catalogue.

6th ed C:DA won't be out for another 5 or 6 years msn-wink.gif
Thats the release schedule for the Army Builder files... :)

Actually NO, thats when GW will probably release the next C:DA. The current version is 5th ED. Even though we have 40K V6, we now only have V5 C:DA.

If we all want to be really anal about editions, what we have is Version 1.0A of the Codex: Dark Angels (per the new Errata+FAQ) to be used with the 6th Edition core rule book. It is the third (not counting revised printings) book to bear the name Codex: Dark Angels (since for 40K 2nd Edition it was only Codex: Angels of Death). It is also a silly argument and has nothing to do with AngelVeto's original question/topic.

On a related topic, how about quartermaster template? Has anyone been able to update or know if one is floating around?

yup, someone's updated the qm template:

http://www.qmtemplates.com/wh40k.html

Awesome, thanks, that most have just happened!

EDIT: If anyone is using it, you have to correct the Deathwing Squad Entries.... they have DW Vehicle by default and it's applying to each member (so 5 times!). Turn off by default and set limit to 1 (but you have to do it manually in each place it appears - all DW units, including command squads that fall under multiple ICs). Flakk also has to be added.

EDIT: If anyone is using it, you have to correct the Deathwing Squad Entries.... they have DW Vehicle by default and it's applying to each member (so 5 times!). Turn off by default and set limit to 1 (but you have to do it manually in each place it appears - all DW units, including command squads that fall under multiple ICs). Flakk also has to be added.

I've found a couple more mistakes like this:

-land raiders for all deathwing units as a dedicated transports adds one for each member, set limit to 1.

-need to add chainfists to all deathwing command squad entries

Haven't played with it more yet but at least the template only needs minor changes.

Archived