BA vs. the Daemonic incursion.

Morticon

Skyshield, 4++ which is NOT a cover save, add a sang priest in the middle and everyone gets a 5+ FNP as well.

I am playing a demon player on Sunday and have tailored a list to hopefully beat him, includes sternguard with lots of combi flamers to go after his plague bearers. Storm Raven as only GD's and bolt can hurt it, allied SM libby for null zone and 2x thunderfire cannons, when they deepstrike they will get a lot of templates put on them, 2 devi squads with 4 ML each, frags for flamers and kraks for DP's.

If i am not going to use the skyshield I'd use rhino spam to use as a defensive shield, only thing that stopped me is if they get glanced to death in front of my devi's I'd have to move and therefore snap shot to get LOS on to the target.

Please let us know how it goes!

... Storm Raven as only GD's and bolt can hurt it...
Those GD's will be snap-shots correct? I'm very sure Flying Monsters do not receive the Skyfire rule. Am I mistaken?

Either way, your comment is still true, snap shot or not. Just beware Warpfire from the Flamers hitting on a Raven's rear-armor: 27 snapshots at Str4 might get lucky.

Those GD's will be snap-shots correct? I'm very sure Flying Monsters do not receive the Skyfire rule. Am I mistaken?

Either way, your comment is still true, snap shot or not. Just beware Warpfire from the Flamers hitting on a Raven's rear-armor: 27 snapshots at Str4 might get lucky.

No way they can get lucky on AV12 rear armour thankfully.

Sorry I wasnt clear, I was talking about vector strikes but yes FMC's do have skyfire as per FAQ's, my opponent is running one DP with bolt, the only thing in his army that can hurt my SR (while zooming) so you can guess what is being taken down first!, I have 3 hyperios;s just for him, interceptor and skyfire and ap3.

My order of kills will be the DP with bolt, and the Flamers, after that my SR can go plague bearer hunting.

Since the most recent rulebook FAQ (v1.0a) they granted swooping FMCs the option to Skyfire, just like Flyers.

Q: Flyers are entitled to choose whether or not to use the Skyfire

special rule at the start of each Shooting phase. Can Swooping

Flying Monstrous Creatures also do this? (p49)

A: Yes.

Edit: ninja'd :)

Wow lol. You can tell how much I've played against FMC... lol. Wish I had more exposure to varied lists where I live-- mostly just all the MEQs and Orks. A new Nids+IG player got stationed here so I'm excited about that.

As for the Raven being 12 all around-- my goodness. I feel pretty dang silly, I simply never ever noticed that. I have literally never been shot on rear-armor, I've been protecting it heavily b/c I thought it was AV10! lol

Ha, yep AV12 all round, so now you can peek over those aegis defence lines and shoot away, SR's really do a number on Orks.

I am in the same position, have mainly played against other SM, few games against demons, quite a few against chaos and orks, 2 against crons and one against eldar, really need to get some games in against DE and more against nids, and IG

The Stormraven is simply awesome, the new flyer rules made it the threat it should be. I think against some overpowered daemons, it's one of the most potent weapons to bring the smackdown on the cursed warp-spawn. Typhoon missile launcher, twin-linked assault cannons/heavy bolters and twin-linked bolter sponsons. Add some S8 missiles and transport capacity and you're good to go. Lovely.

Snorri

Thats pretty much how am I running it, typhoon for its 2 shot s8 against DP's and bloodstrike missiles, as well as assault cannon and hurricane bolters at rapid fire range for added hurt, then against flamers horrors and plague bearers it will be the typhoon double template assault cannons and hurricane bolters at rapid fire.

I do usually run it with TL HB's TL AC Hurricane bolters as the amount of dice it kicks out is unreal, but after this game i will be retiring them for at least a month (until I start to pratice for my tourny in jan) as they are a bit too much for friendly games.

I do usually run it with TL HB's TL AC Hurricane bolters as the amount of dice it kicks out is unreal, but after this game i will be retiring them for at least a month (until I start to pratice for my tourny in jan) as they are a bit too much for friendly games.
Haha I agree, I've left mine out more than once in a friendly game.

However, the Daemons under discussion in this thread are decidedly unfriendly, and so I've really got no mercy. B)

I put this up in the Tactica Astartes subforum, but I thought I'd link it here too for great justice (and a touch of self-promotion... lol).

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=8343

Pertinent against Flamers of Tzeentch or Torrent attacks from the new CSM book. Lots of pretty pictures!

Welp... gone are the days of me chucking models down the table and praying they live. Those formations look totally legit!

If you take imperial guard allies, I highly recommend a master of the fleet to reduce opponents reserve rolls by 1. Meaning his reserves come in on a 4+ instead! As gravy if you get the warlord trait that further reduces there reserves you can force them to roll 5+!

Grey Knights basically need a specific build to hard counter Daemons (and this build isn't exactly the most popular among GK players). Even then, it's reliant on getting turn 1. If this doesn't succeed, we're basically in the same boat as any other army, even with PE(Daemons).

Exactly. All GK can do is take first turn and warp-quake. If the daemon player goes first, stuff just turns up and alphas them. The all-terminator/paladin army might stand a chance against flamers due to 2+ saves, but sheer weight of dice will probably put them down anyway. If the GK player goes first and warp-quakes, then the daemons just land a bit further away, and can then jump in and flamer/screamer their faces off on turn 2. All they need to do is survive a turn of shooting, and if Space Budgie is around that's a reasonable proposition.

The all-terminator/paladin army might stand a chance against flamers due to 2+ saves...

Flamers ignore armour buddy. :( (or did you mean somethin else? screamers slash attack?)

Only specific builds (as noted) will nuke them easily. Coteas + banshers here and there are a biggie.

MY full list tomorrow against demons is..

Libby Pyshic with divination powers for devi squads

6 Sternguard with 4 combi flamers and two heavy flamers. (will be in Storm raven)

Brother Corbulo

Sang priest

10 man assault squad with 2 flamer

10 man Tac squad with Plasma cannon and flamer

7 man Devastator squad with 4 ML

7 man Devastator squad with 4 ML

Storm Raven TL AC, typhoon ML, Hurricane bolters

Skyshield landing pad

Allies

Libby with null zone and gate

5 man scout squad

3 Hyperios air defence launchers

Thunderfire cannon

Thundefire cannon

So as soon as those pesky demons deepstrike nice and bunched up I'll have 8 thunderfire shots on them, 8 frag missiles, plasma cannon, If you want to play with templates thats fine I can join in too.... Null zone will be cast each and every turn! plus prescience on the BA libby should make for quite a few failed saves. Sternguard will be going epdiermus hunting, was going to put them in a pod but plan goes awary if I get first turn and opponent doesnt get preferred wave, even if I put two pods in there that wont work.

Brother corbulo will be at the front of the skyshield with a 4++ and 2+ FNP, other sang priest will be in a squad giving FNP to the rest of the army and to the libbys against perils. Assault squad will be deepstriking, Hyperios will be demon prince hunting (namely the DP with Bolt as he is the only model that can hurt my zooming flyer), once it is grounded I can throw some kraks at it as well, both hyperios and kraks are ap3 leaving the DP with only his invul save.

Thats the plan, not sure if it will work yet but as I have said before skyshield is the only way for us to get saves on normal troops and FNP still works.

I can place every model on the skyshield so there is no 1inch gaps (if each model is 2inch apart then nothing can land inbetween). Not sure if I can fit everything on the skyshield as I am borrowing it for the weekend, I have ordered one (I was planning on running two!) but hasnt even been sent yet, grrrr. i know its 12inch by 12 inch so I'll have a play tomorow. I would dearly like to table my opponent on my second turn if I go first (if he wins the roll off you know I am going first!), it all depends on where he deepstrikes his units, out of LOS which he will probably do for his plague bearers will mean the assault squad SR and sternguard will have to go after them

Will be using the assault squad (maybe combat squadded) and using Gate on the libby to go for objectives if the game goes the distance.

Allied SM bud, only took allied SM to get their libby with null zone, thunderfire is just a HS selection.

Hyperios are in imperial aeronautica, they have interceptor and skyfire and are twin linked. Intercetor works end of their movement phase after any model comes in from reserves, same as the quad gun

Allied SM bud, only took allied SM to get their libby with null zone, thunderfire is just a HS selection.

Hyperios are in imperial aeronautica, they have interceptor and skyfire and are twin linked. Intercetor works end of their movement phase after any model comes in from reserves, same as the quad gun

how are you gettting more than one of each?

Archived