Master of the Forge?

GhostLegion

Not sure how well the photos will appear as im using my phone instead of my camera for this...but here it is.

Minor conversion work to the Warpsmith, returning it to a loyalist techmarine..

gallery_9540_7858_47777.jpg

Minor conversions include adjustments to the tentacles/mechandendrites, addition of two servo-skulls off the powerpack, exhaust tower swap for DV chaplain exhausts, addition of DA hooded cog to belt, swap of bolt pistol for plasma pistol, an eldar grenade launcher(?) to the left wrist, and addition of the aquila to the chest.

additional work to do: adding a bit of red color to one of the tentacles, highlights, metal and glass work on the servo-skulls, and a touch of color to the plasma pistol cooling coils.

overall id say this is one of the more amusing finecasts to work with in my recent memory. the figure has almost too much detail to work with, but still comes together really well. Recommendation for anyone wanting to pick this one up: keep the arms and additional tentacles seperate from the body until ready for final layers of paint. the mechandendrites are attached to both body and arms, which can make for significant pain while painting detail. Also, as I took this back loyalist, the shins and knees make for nice smooth areas to work chapter colors/markings if desired; the right shoulder is also smooth, but I will be working a mechanicum cog into that space once i find something to work with there.

as always, thoughts/comments are welcome and appreciated.

this is exactly what i thought of doing (ok not quite the same in the finer details) as soon as i saw the warp smith.

very well done!

from a gaming perspective i'd be tempted to replace the axe with a sword, he has two power fists for high strength attacks so he doesnt need the axe.

Great looking conversion, I had a mind to do the same exact thing once I saw this model in WD. The main part I was looking at converting besides his axe and back pack exhausts was the chest area of his armor. How did you get that eagle to look so perfect?

Great job and an inspiration for us all to use this model as a loyalist. I myself might use him as a new Iron Father.

How did you get that eagle to look so perfect?

Oddly the chest eagle was the easiest bit to rework. i started by trimming and shaving down the chaos star around and away from the vent that sits center on his chest. with that smoothed away, i clipped off the vent and put it aside for later...dont lose that (i almost did more than once). Fortunately there are many plastic kits with small eagles, I had one from the stormtalon kit. sand this down about 50% or so and it fits well onto the chest without looking too bulky. then sand that vent bit to almost the vents and center on the eagle....thats it.

Archived