Ravenwing Squadron Boxset

The old ones I had had a massive gap between the lower and upper hull sections at the side of the crew.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/CIMG0754.jpg

you can see it better in the photo (ignore the green circle - that is to highlight a magnet).

Cpt Uriel Ventris, was it the new cut of the landspeeder though? One of my speeders wasn't bad with the gap, but both were the old type with the solid single upper shell with the wings on it, as opposed to the new Speeder sprue, which has the upper in three separate pieces (the two panels that hold the door by the engines all the way to the cockpit sides are separate from the upper portion of the engine compartment and the cockpit area and no wings - those are attached to the lower body area) and comes on three separate frames, instead of just the two the old one comes on.

I think I'd consider buying another set if I could the full new Speeder frames/sprues.

Damn, I kinda had my hopes up. The RW Battleforce is a really good price point still for all the bits you get with it. Just frustrating to put together those Speeders, I've already got three of them waiting. I've been considering seeing if I can make a "New Sprue" type model out of them with a razor saw. Can't see myself spending GW prices on things I already have a few of and don't really need more of. But the new sprues for the Speeder would be enough of an excuse for me! <_<

Archived