Typhus Sculpt

the Fell Hand

I really like the Typhus model, always have. But I felt like it could use some more dynamic posing and could definitely afford to lose the Nurglings...they just make him silly looking and I figured he was a pretty serious badass and not prone to tomfoolery. Plus his current pose sets this scene in my mind, of him getting ready to do work and some Death Guard dude is like "hey Typhus!" and then he turns, startled and confused. Maybe reading too much into the pose, but there it is.

My goal was to get him a little taller, make his armor look more blessed, get the 3 circles in there, the fly, and make him look like he's in the midst of doing work! I also wanted the Destroyer Hive to look more organic, like his armor broke open and they come right out of his back. The stalks now look more realistic I hope, and the tubes running from his head to his back suggest they come from his brain which I think is gross.

From these pics I have to do: 1) Ugly up that scythe. I wanted it more old looking, with just a suggestion of tech in it because I think thats creepier. 2) Decide on the psychic effect for his left hand. I originally thought just a paint job could do it, a soft, sickly glow going down his arm into his hand. But I think if I can pull off a cloud effect, work some flies in there, it would look pretty cool. I need to keep it smaller though so as not to obscure the rest of the model.

C&C welcome!

Also SORRY about the pics, all I have is a phone camera. I promise I will have better lighting and pics for the final shots!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65941843@N03/...57631890419679/

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8186/8139508379_24a055a395.jpg

WIP_Typhus by Warsculptor, on Flickr

I agree on appreciating the step by step, this a great interpretation of Typhus and you should be proud. I like the armor layers and the way his blessings seem to be pressing through and almost flaking it away. His hands have to be my favorite though, almost nobody (including myself) keeps hands in proportion on a full sculpt, you pulled it off nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived