what to fight grey knights with?

Warmammer

ok as the title says my question is what to fight grey knights with?

i currently own Sicarus, termie chaplain, termie librarian, captain, 3*tactical squad, bolter scouts, 2*dreadnoughts, terminators, hammernators, landspeeder, land speeder storm, predator, devastators

on the weekend i'm bying new stuff any suggestions

i also fight ig, chaos,eldar and sm

From your list, my first pick would be the Hammernators. Stormshields should help keep losses to psycannon rends down, and the hammers are good for popping Paladins since you'll inflict Instant Death.

But really, we'd need to look at the general builds you face to give you anything other general advice. Do you face Paladin spam? Purifier spam? Lots of Storm Ravens, or Dreadknights?

As for the rest, Shadowstalker Grim compiled a wonderful article on how best to use our 'dex against everyone else: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...214889&st=0

I suggest you look there for specific tips.

You need to bring Null Zone, no exceptions. Give your target as little chance of living through your attacks as you can.

Use units with inherent mobility and long range firepower. Anything less then this will be annihilated with very little trouble since you will fire, then be subjected to 3x the return fire.

Be able to go MSU. Compartmentalize, it's essential to beating GKs in general.

I'd probably think about bringing a Land Raider Redeemer or Plasma Cannon tac squads and keeping them on defense to ward off the PAGK squads. If you don't have any serious squad wiping ability available readily, pain will ensue.

Take that Enemies 101 entry on Grey Knights with a grain of salt. Grey Knights are ridiculously cheap for what they're bringing, and their firepower will definitely far outstrip yours unless the GK player is playing the hobby cheap army (Paladins). GK firepower is also ridiculously versatile, as there is nothing we can't kill with any of our units.

Bring as many AP2 shots as possible, preferably able to deep strike or move 12" and still fire, and get Null Zone rolling. Have the Hammernators ready to go, cause you'll need them when the GKs reach you (and reach you they will). Vindicators are a good thing to have. Plasma Command Squads and melta sternguard squads could be huge in these fights, as you could evaporate an entire paladin squad on the drop (as long as you don't drop too close and get shot by Coteaz. Just make sure that your pods drop 13" away from him and you should be fine).

Be prepared to sacrifice a large part of your army to create openings in the GK assaulting force. There will be a lot of this-for-that unless your opponent is not competent (in which case... no point in talking about it).

Sternguard. Hammernators. Done.

Seriously, there are no bigger threats out there. Either you make him take a bazillion armor saves, slam him with 8 melta shots, or get him into combat with 3++ guys wounding on 2s and ignoring his armor save. Anything else will be mulched by Mr. Dreadcarriage.

ok my army list is

Sicarus 200

Chaplain 130

- -Terminator armour

Librarian 125

- Terminator amour

Captain 130

- Artificer armour

- Power sword

Tigurius 230

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

- rhino

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

Tactical squad 200

- All plasma

5 Scouts 85

- snipers

- Heavy bolter

10 Scouts 150 (cultist)

- Bolters

- Heavy bolter

10 scouts 200 (cultist)

- Snipers

- Telion

Dreadnought 105

- Multi melta

Dreadnought 115

- Assault cannon

Dreadnought 135

- Lascannon

Assault Terminators 200

- thunder hammers/ storm shields

Assault terminators 200

- Thunder hammers and storm shields

Sternguard 160

- 2 plasma guns

- 3 Combi plasma

Sternguard 160

- 2 Melta gun

- 3 melta gun

Predator 110

Vindicator 115

Devastators 180

- Heavy bolter

- Plasma cannon

- Lascannon

- Multi melta

ok my army list is

Sicarus 200

Chaplain 130

- -Terminator armour

Librarian 125

- Terminator amour

Captain 130

- Artificer armour

- Power sword

Tigurius 230

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

- rhino

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

Tactical squad170pt

- missile launcher

- flamer

Tactical squad 200

- All plasma

5 Scouts 85

- snipers

- Heavy bolter

10 Scouts 150 (cultist)

- Bolters

- Heavy bolter

10 scouts 200 (cultist)

- Snipers

- Telion

Dreadnought 105

- Multi melta

Dreadnought 115

- Assault cannon

Dreadnought 135

- Lascannon

Assault Terminators 200

- thunder hammers/ storm shields

Assault terminators 200

- Thunder hammers and storm shields

Sternguard 160

- 2 plasma guns

- 3 Combi plasma

Sternguard 160

- 2 Melta gun

- 3 melta gun

Predator 110

Vindicator 115

Devastators 180

- Heavy bolter

- Plasma cannon

- Lascannon

- Multi melta

When trying to get past his armour save with low AP weapons, don't forget Null Zone. Aegis doesn't effect it, can't Deny it, and just makes it even easier to kill.

Also, quad plasma Command squad.

Also, warmammer, I merged your Dreadknight topic with your How to Fight Grey Knights topic. How to beat Dreadknights is part of fighting Grey Knights, it belongs in that topic.

Archived