Psychic powers in opponents turn.

Remmy

I am mostly concerned about whether or not it's legal to attempt to cast blessings during either player's turn. The wording for blessings is something like "May be cast at the start of the librarian's movement phase".

I have been unable to determine how the movement phase during the opponents turn interacts with that sentence. To be conservative I'm only casting blessings in the movement phase during my turn for now.

Each power has it's own restriction. Some powers can be used on either player's turn and they will be worded as such. If your codex rule does not say otherwise, blessings can only be used at the start of your turn; you can not use them on your opponent's turn. This is a general statement though. Specific rules may over ride this. It really depends on the spell you are wanting to cast.

Codex powers however can often still be cast in the opponents turn.

Depending on the Codex power, it has to state it can be used in either turn.

Or, as is the case with Shield of Sanguinius, only in the opponents turn.

There are a number of psychic powers used in the assault phase which can be use in either player turn, as well. However, with 6th and Warp Charges,we now have to be mindful of having a Warp Charge available to use on your opponent's turn for a power that can be use during their turn. Just read the power, see when its used, and use it then. Not too difficult.

SJ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the rulebook powers specify controlling player's turn, do they not?

So this only applies to codex powers where it is spelled out explicitly. And Jeffersonian000 has an excellent point about Warp charges, if you use, for example, Unleashed Rage (Ba codex power) in your assault phase, then you do not have a Warp Charge to spend on Shield of Sanguinus in your opponent's turn, unless you upgraded to an Epistolary and got 2 charges. Charges only regen at the start of the controlling player's turn.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the rulebook powers specify controlling player's turn, do they not?

So this only applies to codex powers where it is spelled out explicitly. And Jeffersonian000 has an excellent point about Warp charges, if you use, for example, Unleashed Rage (Ba codex power) in your assault phase, then you do not have a Warp Charge to spend on Shield of Sanguinus in your opponent's turn, unless you upgraded to an Epistolary and got 2 charges. Charges only regen at the start of the controlling player's turn.

Warp charges regen at the start of each turn. Turn always means player turn unless specifically stating otherwise.

so a librarian can use 1 power on his turn and shield on the opponents.

I must have been reading that wrong last time I had my BRB open. I could have sworn it was player turn as in controlling player's turn, but it could have easily been just player turn and I was adding interpretation.

pg. 66 BRB

A Psyker automatically generates his full allocation of

Warp Charge points at the start of each turn. There's no need to do

anything - it happens automatically. It's important to keep

track of Warp Charge across the turn, either by making notes

on your army roster, or by marking the Psyker with counters.

Once a Warp Charge point has been used, it's gone. Any unused

Warp Charge points are lost at the end of the turn.

and of course pg.9 BRB

Whenever a rule refers to a "turn" it always means "player

turn" unless it specifically refers to a

"game turn".

Archived