game token/game aides

maverike_prime

okay so I'm starting to explore the possibilities of resin casting and I'm starting work on what I think will be a very simple project: Making game tokens and counters of various forms. I'm going to make the masters on 25mm bases using a combination of green stuff, and plasticard and then seen how much trouble it is to cast duplicates of them. I just need some feed back on the icons themselves. I'm considering selling them, or at least offering to them to my local gaming group so the images on them need to be fairly straight forward and easy to understand.

Here's what I have so far:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/icons.jpg

Basically they are intended to be (from left to right) regeneration/it will not die/resurrection protocols ect, Soul blaze or any other sort of "It's on fire" effect, and rage/crazed/ ect.

What do you guys think of those icons? And what would you expect to see for like warp charge tokens?

For Warp Charge how about a horned skull similar (but not identical, if you're planning to sell them) to the librarian symbol?

I had considered that, actually when I started this project I just went online, found a bunch of the 40k symbols that have been used previously for "Weapon Destroyed" "Moved Flat out" ect and sized them to use on the 25mm bases. But then I started thinking about it and remembered that the gamers around here play more then 40k so I'm went back to the drawing board to try and make the actual icons more generic so that they can be applicable to many games rather then just 40k. So while some images will be unavoidably 40kish due to 40k using rather generic icons for effects over the years, my intent is to make the token as generic as possible. Like with the regen token design. Personally I feel that's fairly universal applicable for anything medical or regenerative in nature. So whether we're talking about a Carnifex making it's Regen rolls, a Maulerfiend making it's 'It will not die' roll or something in Hoards making something else involving life points or regen in some form (I don't play hordes so please excuse me if I just made no sense what so ever) the token would be applicable.

So with Psychic power charge tokens I'm trying to find some sort of image that would applicable to magical abilities as well as psychic powers. I just can't quite seem to find an image that work for that idea. At least not one I can think of anyway.

Archived